INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user looking for advice on set up  (Read 880 times)

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
New user looking for advice on set up
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:23:24 pm »

I've read and searched the forums.  I've also read the FAQ.  I'm about to take the MC plunge and was wondering if some of you veterans had any words of wisdom for me given my set up. It seems straight forward, but I just want to be sure I'm getting the best I can get!

Mac Mini 2012 (plan to run Win 7 via Boot Camp until stable Mac version with vid support is available)
OPPO BDP-103
Pioneer VSX-1020 AV Receiver

My music collection is mostly FLAC and ranges from CD (16/44.1) to Hi-Res (24/192).  Unfortunately my receiver can't do 24/192 FLAC, but can do WAV.  From what I've read, MC will decode for me and send PCM to the receiver over HDMI.  What DSP/Audio settings should I look at to be able to listen to the 24/192 files in their full hi-res glory?

I backed up my blu-rays to ts and m2ts files and kept the HD audio tracks (DTS-HD and True-HD).  I'll do some test runs, but I'm thinking about running the HDMI to the OPPO player to take advantage of its video processing.  The OPPO will then send the video to my TV via HDMI and the audio to the Pioneer receiver.  Are there any drawbacks or red flags to this set up?

Thanks for your time.  I'm looking forward to getting this up and running! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up