INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove Played Items from Now Playing?  (Read 1024 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Remove Played Items from Now Playing?
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:16:08 am »

I asked about this a long time ago and was told there was no fix. I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this seemingly easy problem? I use MC to be a jukebox during Pool parties. (Billiards, not the wet kind :)) Folks walk up and add Video and Audio clips one by one. I use two panes, one with the library using my own views, and on the right is playing now. After a clip is played, the next song is selected and so on. We don't want to save the list that is playing, so I want the played clips to disappear after playing and the list move up a line. So the top clip in the list is what is playing now. We never care about what played before. There is no option for making them go away after being played, and I am not savvy enough to figure out how to make a view for now playing that removes the played clip automatically, you have to run a script or something. So for now, one of the guys goes up and highlights the played ones and removes them from the list when it gets to be annoying trying to find out what is going to play next.. A hassle.. Anyway I can fix that?

Also, in this same layout, the right pane is now playing. I use two outputs from the PC, and have several TVs set up as monitor two. To get the videos and visualizations over onto screen two, I right click the window above the list in playing now and say "Detach Video". Then I can move it over to monitor two and maximize it there. All fine, but, it leaves a black window over the now playing list. We can re-size it up so it is a thin black line, but can't remove it. Is there a way when you detach video to make the window go away too?

Thanks

Don

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Remove Played Items from Now Playing?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:11:30 am »

Playing Now should always show the currently playing file and the next three files.  Is the problem that you want to be able to see more than three ahead?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

Thanks for answering, no I can see many upcoming files. I don't want to see any that have already been played.
In my setup the right hand 1/3 of the screen is Playing now view. The top half is black (or shows the video or visualization), the bottom half is a list of the songs that are playing. The first song that plays is on the top of the list, in spot 1. There are about 24 spots below it. When the first song finishes, the highlight (Green arrow) moves down to number 2 spot and MC plays song number 2. Eventually the song playing gets down about halfway down the list. Half the songs in the list have already been played. So the song playing is somewhere in the list near the middle. I want the song that has just played to disappear from playing now, and the song that IS playing now to move up to spot one, and the rest to bump up one position too. The idea is that folks want to walk up and see the song playing on the list in the top spot and immediately see the ones coming up next right below it, rather than to hunt the list for the green arrow, or match up what they hear. It may seem small or counterintuitive to you all, but these folks have had a Video jukebox for years and years, and this is the point I can't get across. They just don't care that it is a Playlist, and we can save it and use it later. They want it to be a live list and only have unplayed or playing NOW tunes.
Thanks for listening.

Don

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 09:14:53 pm »

i was using a shortcut for to see the currently playling now item (ctrl+lt+L maybe) but does this feature is removed i see the options on the menu but no shortcut for this and nothing on the wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up