INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Big Issue Please Help  (Read 1281 times)

rvcjew

One Big Issue Please Help
« on: April 10, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

Ok, so I love this program and only have one issue with it and for reference i'm running 18.0.158 atm. My problem is my albums when I sort them in groups do not sort right, like I want to sort just by album name ascending and I get things like Bioshock sound track before things with ... before anything else. It gives me how I want it when I choose sort out of groups temp. Here is a pic of what I mean below. It goes T, J, B, F that makes no sense please advise lol.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: One Big Issue Please Help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:32:45 pm »

It appears you are using Album for grouping.  This is a special header under Group By, that really is:

[Album] by [Album Artist (auto)]         [Date]

and actually sorts by Album Artist (auto) and Date.

Instead, select the Album Artist (auto) field from More (sort groups a-z).  If you want a more comprehensive header, select Album Artist - Album.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rvcjew

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:11:04 pm »

thanks that didn't do what i want though. I'm looking to have it only sort by album name and when doing so have panes view with album art, but also tracks in right order(i don't think it has an issue with the track order atm). I keep getting it looking at artist first, can i get it to not even sort by artist at all and only by name of the albums not year of album ect. I hope I'm making sense of what I want. could it be my album tags are all screwed up? EDIT: also when picking those i lose thumbnails.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 02:19:42 pm »

Sorry, you said you wanted it sort by Album name.  It should do so when you select:

Group By >  More (sort groups a-z) > Album

The artwork is a column called Image (large thumbnail), which should be on by default.

Regarding the track order, add the Disc # field as a column next to your Track #.  Disc # is used as a sort key prior to Track #.

rvcjew

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 02:28:45 pm »

Thank you so much idk why i did it wrong the first time but is all good now with picking just album like you said i guess i was just picking other types or something, now i just need it to go to the next album in the list when it's done playing the current album instead of stopping playback.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »

Select all the (tracks from the) albums you want to play, and press Play.  Otherwise, the Grouping dictates what is added to Playing Now, influenced by the Double-Click behavior specified in Options.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

I really wish there was an option to disable that "feature". I want my albums grouped together to make the list of files easier to read, but I don't want playback to be based on those groups - I want it to keep playing through the list.

rvcjew

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »

K, thank you, you have answered all my questions. Thank you for your time had a slight learning curve coming from foobar, winamp, and media monkey lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up