INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomeRun Prime  (Read 52298 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDHomeRun Prime
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2013, 02:07:39 am »

The focusing issue is not just related to HDHomerun Prime.  It is related to all CableCARD devices.  I have identified the problem and fixed it. 

Up to standard as always. We're blessed...  8)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2013, 06:50:50 pm »

Just tried the JRiver with the Beta with the fix for HD homerun and it starts for a micro second and freeze with a still picture and the audio is streaming. Anything that could try to get the video to stream with the audio?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2013, 08:42:27 pm »

18.0.209?

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2013, 09:44:19 am »

I am sure this isnt a JRiver issues, but more of a DTC-IP issue.... But with the Silcondust Prime....Why doesn't Pay Channels.. HBO, Showtime don't stream, but streams fine with WMC7?

Ohhh. And Thanks for getting the dust of the Silcondust to work with JRiver!!!! Once I can get the Premium Channels to work this is Golden. Can't wait for the MC19 to come out!!

jgirado

• Recent member
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »

I am sure this isnt a JRiver issues, but more of a DTC-IP issue.... But with the Silcondust Prime....Why doesn't Pay Channels.. HBO, Showtime don't stream, but streams fine with WMC7?

Ohhh. And Thanks for getting the dust of the Silcondust to work with JRiver!!!! Once I can get the Premium Channels to work this is Golden. Can't wait for the MC19 to come out!!

Hi jriverfan...you have no idea how much time I've been waiting to see JRiver + HDHomerun primer to finally work together (around 2 years). Now I can finally build a new HTPC around JRiver and use it to record my cable programming (something that I can only do with MCE).

I have a question to you 'though. Can you watch/record basic + basic extended programming (NOT premium like HBO)?.  I have HDHomeRun Prime + CableCARD + Cisco Tuner Adapter (this box is necessary in order to watch Switched Digital Video (SVD) channels). But again, only have basic + basic extended plan (with this SDV some OverTheAir HD channels that are now in 7XX number).

Thanks in advance,
Javier

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2013, 11:51:14 am »

Hi jriverfan...you have no idea how much time I've been waiting to see JRiver + HDHomerun primer to finally work together (around 2 years). Now I can finally build a new HTPC around JRiver and use it to record my cable programming (something that I can only do with MCE).

I have a question to you 'though. Can you watch/record basic + basic extended programming (NOT premium like HBO)?.  I have HDHomeRun Prime + CableCARD + Cisco Tuner Adapter (this box is necessary in order to watch Switched Digital Video (SVD) channels). But again, only have basic + basic extended plan (with this SDV some OverTheAir HD channels that are now in 7XX number).

Thanks in advance,
Javier

Yes, everything works but Premium Channels.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »

Our support for CableCARD devices is limited to copy-free channels.  Any channel that is encrypted will not work.  We are not sure whether and when we will add encrypted channel support.  The number of channels from a given provider that are "copy-free" depends on the provider.  Currently Comcast in my area provides most channels copy-free, except premium channels.  So I can watch most channels using HDHomeRun Prime, but not the premium channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jgirado

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2013, 10:44:14 pm »

Our support for CableCARD devices is limited to copy-free channels.  Any channel that is encrypted will not work.  We are not sure whether and when we will add encrypted channel support.  The number of channels from a given provider that are "copy-free" depends on the provider.  Currently Comcast in my area provides most channels copy-free, except premium channels.  So I can watch most channels using HDHomeRun Prime, but not the premium channels.

Thanks Yaobing...Hopefully my Time Warners plan (Basic & Basic extended) in San Diego doesn't include any encrypted channels. As soon as I finish the new HTPC + JRIver + HDHomeRun I'll report back.
Javier

jgirado

• Recent member
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »

Hi Yaobing/jriverfan,

Yesterday I finally finished building a new HTPC and then I installed JRiver v19. I disabled firewall (just in case) and although JRiver recognized Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuners (Tools->Drivers & Devices->Television->TV Options) I got the dreaded "no television tuner available...".

I couldn't find anything on the WiKi but then (Thanks Google search!) I found and followed http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83318.0 and I was able to wacth TV without problem :-)

The problems is it seems Time Warner San Diego (Digital) has most of it programming (i 'm guessing) copy once or copy protected since I can only watch channel 1~24, everything above 24 returns black. And worse, those are low-res 4:3 version of 16:9/5.1 HDTV channel 701~7XX.

I also notice that JRiver can only tune the same channels that HDHomeRun QuickTV can tune (QuickTV can only tune free-copy channels).

Anyway, it seems I'm back to non-configurable (I do want to install/use my own video/audio renderers) Microsoft MCE until JRiver can solve this (or cut the cord which everyday sounds more and more appealing).

Sad, from my little meddling with JRiver I really like it (well, not Netflix application, but all else :-). I know supporting encrypted programming means spending a lot of money in developing and licensing and I really hope you can make it happen some day. I'll keep track on your releases and developing, I'm sure one way or another I'll have JRiver in my HTPC :-)

Until then the best luck for JRiver team,
Javier

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 04:08:03 pm »

Yaobing,

Why is it that my PS3 can tune the encrypted channels (HBO, Show, etc)?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 04:58:01 pm »

I suppose it tunes to the channel by other means.  MC can not tune to the premium channels because we have not implemented such capability.

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2013, 10:26:57 am »

I upgrade to MC19 and tv tuner is not working. From the tuner types open cable is no longer an option. Any ideas why?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2013, 10:59:44 am »

I upgrade to MC19 and tv tuner is not working. From the tuner types open cable is no longer an option. Any ideas why?

For HDHomerun Prime, if your CableCARD is still in it and you did not change its configuration inside HDHomerun software, the only Tuner Type options should be "OpenCable" and "Disabled".  What did you get?

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2013, 03:28:06 am »

For HDHomerun Prime, if your CableCARD is still in it and you did not change its configuration inside HDHomerun software, the only Tuner Type options should be "OpenCable" and "Disabled".  What did you get?

Only thing that I changed was the MC upgrade. Options shown are DISABLED, DVB C, QAM, DVB T, and DVB S. No open cable and it still works on my pc that i didnt upgrade.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2013, 10:20:06 am »

Did you select the correct device before clicking Configure... button?  The device should be named as "HDHomeRun Prime xxxxxxxx (OpenCable)", not "SiliconDust HDHomeRun Tuner xxxxxxx (Digital)".

Run SiliconDust utility from Start > All Programs > HDHomeRun > HDHomeRun Setup.  Go to Tuners tab.  Do you see three CableCARD tuners listed?  The "xxxxxxx" part of the name above should be one of the the device IDs which you find on the Tuners tab.

verfan

• Recent member
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:47 am »

Did you select the correct device before clicking Configure... button?  The device should be named as "HDHomeRun Prime xxxxxxxx (OpenCable)", not "SiliconDust HDHomeRun Tuner xxxxxxx (Digital)".

Run SiliconDust utility from Start > All Programs > HDHomeRun > HDHomeRun Setup.  Go to Tuners tab.  Do you see three CableCARD tuners listed?  The "xxxxxxx" part of the name above should be one of the the device IDs which you find on the Tuners tab.

Yes, all 3 tuners are there, with cablecard as source type.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2013, 10:20:09 am »

Yes, all 3 tuners are there, with cablecard as source type.

And you selected one of them in MC TV Options to configure?  The reason I ask is that CableCARD devices are treated totally differently from other digital TV devices, so there is no chance that we would offer "ATSC", "DVB-T", etc. as choices for Tuner Type.

Please provide a log if this is still not resolved.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2014, 10:49:37 pm »

I am trying to configure an HDHomeRun Prime using MC 19.0.111. When I go to the TV Options, I see three HDHomeRun Tuner Devices. However, they are all (digital) and can only be set to ATSC, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, QAM. 

There are no (OpenCable) devices. Any idea how I can get these to appear?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2014, 09:40:18 am »

Please take a look at these instructions if you have not done so,

1. DLNA option must be on.
2. You need to wait a minute or so for the devices to appear in the list.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2014, 04:01:40 pm »

Yes. I had followed those instructions...Anyway, I went back to it today and the tuners are now there. Perhaps it was because the CableCard had not yet been validated with Comcast (that took a long time with their Level 2 support to fix).

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »

You may have already covered off this port of call but this post prompted me to have a look at the Silicondust website:
http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/downloads/
They released a soft/firm-ware update on 21 Jan 2014. It's been a long time between official releases (the last was March 2013). The latest and greatest may be of use to you.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up