INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I remove a video watermark ?  (Read 1115 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
How do I remove a video watermark ?
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:16:32 am »

I downloaded a concert video from Youtube.  It was stored in WebM format which plays perfectly on MC.  However, the person who upped the footage watermarked it with a name he no doubt thought was cool, but is very annoying.  Here is the link in case you are curious : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeu41__5mRA

Is there any way to remove it?  Or just block it out?  Just curious, I can hardly leave this video playing with 4 kids in the house, I would get in trouble.

Thanks,
DD.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How do I remove a video watermark ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:32:01 am »

You could zoom in or shift a little so the edges get cropped.  The zoom / shift settings are saved between playbacks.

Or you could try some electrical tape ;)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:28:43 pm »

You could try adding a watermark of your own and overlay it on top of the offending text.

There are freeware editors out on the net that you could employ. You'll have to work out what works for you through trial and error. Sorry, I've not been down this path before so can't speak from experience.

This should at least save you some duct tape and avoid the adhesive residue on your screen.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »

Yep.  The only way is to edit the video itself (or zoom to crop it).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up