INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying Suggestion  (Read 796 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Copying Suggestion
« on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:03 pm »

When we use the rename, move, copy dialog to do some copying, it takes MC out of action while it does the copying.  I know this has been brought up before and it pretty much makes the copying part unusable unless you are about to go out for dinner, a movie and coffee afterwards.  I can only assume it is therefore hard to fix, or I am simply doing something wrong.

Can I suggest that you add a right click option in the file list that allows us to "copy commands to clipboard".  The idea being that it copies a big list of "copy a:\here.txt b:\there.txt" strings.  We can then open a command prompt and paste it in and let it do its thing.

Thanks
Craig

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Copying Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:33:34 pm »

In case this doesn't get implemented, you can do this now with a custom file list view.  Just add a single column to the file list, which is an expression column that exactly outputs the command you want.  Then, File > Export Playlist as a text file, with only the shown fields (i.e. the single column).  I've done this many times.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re: Copying Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »

When we use the rename, move, copy dialog to do some copying, it takes MC out of action while it does the copying.  I know this has been brought up before and it pretty much makes the copying part unusable unless you are about to go out for dinner, a movie and coffee afterwards.  I can only assume it is therefore hard to fix, or I am simply doing something wrong.

I also would welcome improvement in this process.  Moving a Blu ray or 2 does require eating a meal to pass the time before MC will meaningfully respond again.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up