INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop MC from handling autoplay for SD Cards and USB Drives  (Read 833 times)

monkbroc

• Recent member
Stop MC from handling autoplay for SD Cards and USB Drives
« on: April 05, 2013, 10:41:24 am »

Hello,

I initially posted this question in the MC17 forum, but got no reply. I have since purchased MC18, but the problem remains so here's my question again.

I have MC set to let windows handle CDs, DVDs and BlueRays in Tools > Options > CD, DVD & BD > AutoPlay > Audio CD: Let Windows Handle. This works fine.

However, when I insert an SD card or a USB drive when MC is open, the autoplay windows doesn't come up in Windows. If I close MC the usual behavior is back (autoplay window pops up).

Is there a MC option to let Windows handle other drives?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stop MC from handling autoplay for SD Cards and USB Drives
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:09:50 am »

We don't try to block auto-run for removable media.

The only exception is camera memory since Media Center is often used to acquire from a camera with Action Window > Camera.

Is your memory stick full of images?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

monkbroc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:54 pm »

Most of the time, yes it's an SD card from a camera with a lot of pictures.

However, the problem happens even on USB sticks without a single picture or movie. When I right-click on the drive in Explorer and choose Open Auto-Play, the Explorer window blinks once (loses focus, then gets it back) and the Auto-Play window doesn't show up. If I close MC, the problem is gone and the Auto-Play window opens normally.

This happens on both of my Windows 7 computers.

monkbroc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:48:39 am »

Matt, do you have an idea why auto-run is blocked for all my removable media? You asked if the drive was full of images, and it doesn't seem to matter in my case. Auto-run is blocked for all external drives, either camera SD cards or regular USB drives with only documents.
Pages: [1]   Go Up