Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD  (Read 3621 times)

the.mains.man

• Recent member
DSD
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:06:52 am »

hi
i am using version 18 stable version and jriver is on my music server running windows 8 and fidelizer

the dsd dac is amanero technologies board http://amanero.com/ but when I try to play dsd the server cannot lock into the signal and clicks continually maybe sometimes 20-30 clicks until the dsd track begins to play

i have output set to wasapi event style and everything else works fine cd quality files, 24/96 and 24/192 all play fine

it is only when I switch to dsd problems begin

i have set play a silence on dop stop but still no use

can someone help please?

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:10:25 am »

Have you tried changing the hardware buffer size (I would try increasing it first) under Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Output > Output mode settings?
If that doesn't help, have you tried increasing the "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" option? (a little further down in the audio section)

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:54:25 am »

Also, just as a test, you might try playing DSD with fidelizer off.

the.mains.man

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:47:25 am »

Also, just as a test, you might try playing DSD with fidelizer off.

hi
already tried almost every conceivable setting and made notes each time to make sure I could reverse the settings back but no joy

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

Under Bitstreaming, have you tried DSD, DSD over PCM (DoP) 1.0, and DoP set to output the legacy format? (one at a time)

Failing that, it seems you will need to hear from the developers, or it may just be that your hardware is slow to switch between formats.

kstuart

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:55:02 pm »

" i have output set to wasapi event style "

Recently, I remember someone else having a (seemingly unrelated) problem that they solved by changing from WASAPI Event Style to the other WASAPI mode.   Just FYI...

the.mains.man

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 06:03:05 am »

" i have output set to wasapi event style "

Recently, I remember someone else having a (seemingly unrelated) problem that they solved by changing from WASAPI Event Style to the other WASAPI mode.   Just FYI...

hi
i solved the issue by using asio driver update from the usb board manufacturer but now I have another issue

dsd plays fine now when set to asio output

problem now is all the rest of the music on my server won't play using asio so is there  a way to fix that or do i have to change the settings to wasapi each time i want to switch between 24/96 etc and dsd?

thanks

kstuart

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 02:05:30 pm »

Just as a workaround, you can use Zones - one Zone for DSD and one Zone for the rest, with the former set to ASIO and the latter set to WASAPI.  Then the Zone rules can check file type to decide which Zone.

the.mains.man

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 03:03:43 pm »

Just as a workaround, you can use Zones - one Zone for DSD and one Zone for the rest, with the former set to ASIO and the latter set to WASAPI.  Then the Zone rules can check file type to decide which Zone.

that sound just what I need

sounds complicated though!

kstuart

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 03:05:57 pm »

Okay, when you say the other files "won't play using ASIO", what exactly is happening when you try ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up