INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird No Sound Problem  (Read 782 times)

ddaggett1

• Recent member
Weird No Sound Problem
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »

I am working on deploying JRiver throughout the house, and I'm having a weird issue with sound. I am recording TV via WMC, and I'm trying to play them back in various locations throughout the house. This is not a DRM issue, as the files play fine on most of the machines in the house. On the machine on which I recorded the files, however, some - but not all - of the files have no audio when played back in JRiver. It doesn't feel like a hardware problem, as the files play back fine on that machine when played back via WMC or WMP. But, when played via JRiver, there is no sound. Most of the files I play back on that machine with JRiver are fine. Just some of them have this problem, but it is fairly annoying. It feels (to me) like it must be a config issue with the JRiver software, given that the problem only manifests in JRiver on that machine in question. But, I've tried all of the UI-configurable audio options and no luck. Any thoughts? The machine in question was a fairly high end (two years ago) HP Media Center PC with an ATI Radeon HD card, playing audio directly to the TV via HDMI. The only weird thing in the box is a Hauppauge Colossus card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up