INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-channel, multi-input + remote switching  (Read 1962 times)

bramv101

Multi-channel, multi-input + remote switching
« on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:27 am »

Hi All,
I have been thinking on setting up a JRiver MC in my home, and digging thorugh the forums here helped me already a lot
However one thing has been holding me back, the wide variety of DAC's-preamps-AVreceivers, and none of them seem to do what i want.
I still have some good NAD poweramps at home and i would like to re-use these.
I also have multiple devices that I would like to connect with HDMI.
And most difficult, the whole thing has to have high wife acceptance factor (here the logitech harmony has been a great help).

So what am i looking for:
A device that accepts all these HDMI + USB input from MC, send this out in multichannel, and allows me to use a remote for easy switching.
Yes I am aware that most modern AV-recievers do allow this, but i have my poweramps that i would like to recycle + i dont want to pay for all these bells and whistles.
It seems that e.g.: onkyo updates their receivers with extra functionality, rarely i see something change that affects the sound quality

Regards,
Bram

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re: Multi-channel, multi-input + remote switching
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:35:28 am »

Well, you could get a "pre-processor" and take advantage of all your amps.

One like this one would work really well for you, though you'd need to have digital audio out from your PC via a USB DAC or SPDIF/Toslink.

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/umc200/

It's supposed to sound really really good. I haven't heard this one, but I have their previous generation processor and it was a very good unit.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Multi-channel, multi-input + remote switching
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:33:55 pm »

One like this one would work really well for you, though you'd need to have digital audio out from your PC via a USB DAC or SPDIF/Toslink.
The Emotiva UMC-200 is a great solution for someone with external amps and multiple sources besides the HTPC. HDMI from the HTPC would also work just fine since the Emotiva supports 8 channels of PCM over HDMI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up