INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Column List Wont Save  (Read 988 times)

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
Column List Wont Save
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »

This seems like such a strange issue, or maybe a bug. But no matter what I do, the list or column objects I select (track, title, genre etc) NEVER seems to get saved. Even if I save it as say "My Preset" I have to go in each time I launch MC and manually select that preset? If I dont select any preset, why would it not save/retain the layout I choose after restarting?

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Column List Wont Save
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57:25 am »

The View you are changing may be locked. Check under Customize View (right click on it in the Tree).

You also can't change views using a copy of MC in Client mode.  Library Views must be altered using the Server itself.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 05:27:05 pm »

Thanks for the response. I see no options for "lock" anywhere if I click on "View", "Customize View"...this is all I see. And yes, I am trying to edit this on the server, not a client. :)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:46:21 am »

Views can inherit the settings of their parent view.  Try moving the view outside the parent and then moving it back and make your column changes.  There are some other threads here that discuss some troubles with saving columns for a view.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:10 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion but I have no idea what you are suggesting. I clicked on "View", "Customize View"...in the menu and have no option for "Lock". This is disappointing that such a basic/simple task (save a view as default) is so complex, confusing and requires various steps.... This is something that should be obvious/simple, intuitive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up