INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mix playlist with images  (Read 799 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
mix playlist with images
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:16 am »

i saw this change with 171
3. Changed: Playing an image from a mixed media type list will play only the images.
why? when i make a mixed playlist i make it because i want to play all files. but more importantly, i have a thing called a camera which takes photos and videos. those 2 belong together and i have been watching them together since 11.1 and now i cant anymore!  :'(

please changed it back.

gappie

Re: mix playlist with images
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »

as far as i can find out, apparently there is a new player for images? when i pull a mixed playlist into playing now, it wont recognize non image files. its interesting to see that mc moves away from camera support where others are moving towards it. a pity.

:)
gab

gappie

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

oh, and what i want to add. ive been playing around with my plan B today, and it was fun, playing music, choosing some list with images and videos from my camera, and the pictures showed nicely with music in the background, when one of the video came, the music stopped, and when the video was over and the next images showed, the music continued. it was really refreshing. but in many other aspects i really do prefer mc very much.... i dont want a plan B.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:34 pm »

This was a necessary change to support the new touch-friendly image playback engine.

There are complicated technical challenges to transition in and out of image playback in the same playlist with this new system.  We might tackle these challenges someday, but it won't be in the next few months.

Sorry.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:27:57 pm »

ok :) so camera support is down for the next few months because of implementing touch screen, i can live with that... ill stay with 170 for now and move over to plan b. and i sincerely send you all my best wishes, it was a great ride the last 10 or so years.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up