INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tecnic question... how to hack auto-import registry?  (Read 1343 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
Tecnic question... how to hack auto-import registry?
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:04:24 am »

Hi,

I would like make one thing that I don't know that it's possible.

Time ago I had my library of photos in MC but NOT today. Actually I prefer to use another program for manage my library of photos.

Time ago I configured auto-import for auto-import photos of one directory.

Today I erased from my library all photos from MC and also I erased the directory from auto-import configuration. However when I do auto-import I can see that the program continues searching in the directory of photos (MC say me this when I reed the dialog "importing media", I can see the 651 photos are serched although the directory of photos I not put in the dialog).

The program run ok and the photos are not imported but I don't like that the old information continues present actually. So, it's possible clean the auto-import search?

If I erase mediafiles.jmd or playlistx.jmd from library directory, what's happens???  :D this solve it? how to solve it??

thank you

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tecnic question... how to hack auto-import registry?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:08:42 am »

Easy on there, step back, breath, relax, step forward...

Tools > Import > Configure Auto Import > Select folder > press "Remove" button on the right.

Job done.

EDIT:
MediaFiles.jmd contains all of the links to all of the media in your library.
PlaylistX.jmd contains all of your playlist information, which is everything, including tree structure, under "Playlists" in the tree.

It's not a good idea to mess with the MC library files. I suppose if you were especially curious, you could make a backup, then experiment with how MC copes with you erasing elements of its library, the results will be quite predictable however. You will either wind up with a corrupt and unloadable library, or a library with a load of stuff missing.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 04:20:19 am »

Easy on there, step back, breath, relax, step forward...

Tools > Import > Configure Auto Import > Select folder > press "Remove" button on the right.

Job done.

Thanks for your reply.
Please, you read  again the post 1. My english is very basic and I edited now the first post for redact better. Sorry for don't explain me!

I do it this:

I understand this. The photos are not imported. It's ok. No there is any problem with the program, all run ok. The problem it's a silly thing  :D hehe

The problem is that: when de program search new media files, the DIALOG of importing show me that the OLD directory are scanned for search new files. This files are not imported but equally the program SHOW in the dialog this. I want clean auto-import for the information not be showed. żIt's possible hack it auto-import for clean the old information???

You understand me??

thank you!!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:03:50 am »

The program tracks deleted files that are still on disk so that it can support the option to not re-import things that have been manually removed.

To remove the records from the library, create a smartlist:
~d=r

Then pick any files you want gone and hit Delete > Remove from Media Library.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:53 am »

The program tracks deleted files that are still on disk so that it can support the option to not re-import things that have been manually removed.

To remove the records from the library, create a smartlist:
~d=r

Then pick any files you want gone and hit Delete > Remove from Media Library.

works perfectly!!! thank you!!! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up