INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 audio output (SP/DIF, HDMI, USB) - problem with playback  (Read 858 times)

Gromovoy

3 audio output (SP/DIF, HDMI, USB) - problem with playback
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:33 am »

Sorry for my "google" English :)

Problem:
1. There are built-in to the motherboard audio Realtec HDA connected via SP/DIF to the 5.1-audiosystem (with support for decoding AC3 and DTS-streams)
2. There is a Nvidia GeForce 660 graphics card with HDMI connected to a plasma TV with stereo speakers.
3. There are wireless headphones TurtleBeach PX3 working via USB.

I trying to play a videofilm (.mkv) with 2 audiotracks: AC3-stream and DTS-stream

With the different JReaver audio settings I managed to get the following results:

1. 5.1-audiosystem produces sound as multi channel AC3 (for AC3-stream) and DTS (for DTS-stream), the TV plays as stereo AC3-stream, and there is no sound with DTS-stream, after switching to headphones JRiver gives an error message (no matter DTS or AC3-stream you choose).
2. 5.1-audiosystem produces sound as multi channel AC3 (both AC3-stream and DTS-stream), the TV plays as stereo both AC3-stream and a DTS-stream, after switching to headphones JRiver gives an error message (no matter DTS or AC3-stream you choose).
3. 5.1-audiosystem produces stereo sound (PCM) for both AC3-stream and DTS-stream, the TV plays as stereo both AC3-stream and a DTS-stream, after switching on the headset I have a stereo sound with AC3 and DTS-track.

The question is how to configure JRiver to playback DTS-stream and AC3-stream as DTS and AC3 in 5.1 audiosystem, as stereo on the TV and stereo on the headphones?

MediaPlayer Classic (MPC) do it with no problems, everything works by default.

And yet - when I switching the audio tracks in JReaver nothing left until I stop and restart the movie. JRiver may not switch audio "on the fly"? MPC do it perfect (by default settings).
What I doing wrong with settings?
Pages: [1]   Go Up