INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV error: Cannot run time shifting. Your diskspace is too low (2048 mb)  (Read 1645 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen

Hi jriver team,

I have a problem with the tv-function in .209 (don't know when it appeared first, since I haven't used the tv for some time).
When I load a channel I get the message "Cannot run time shifting. Your diskspace is too low (2048 mb)".

All my hard drives have above 1 TB available except for the systems-drive with 27 GB (but this drive is not used for time-shifting).

I wonder if there is a solution to this problem - or a logical explanation (given that I should have sufficient hard drive space for time-shifting).

Best regards,
Mikkel

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Double-check where you have TV putting files in Options > Television > Recording.  Maybe it's pointing to a drive that's no longer available?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

Where did you tell MC to save your TV recordings? (the default location is on your C: drive). I had this problem on my own system a while back (saving to the OS' SSD drive) before I told MC to save elsewhere.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen

Double-check where you have TV putting files in Options > Television > Recording.  Maybe it's pointing to a drive that's no longer available?

Checked. Points to a "good" position with plenty of space free :-/

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen

Thank you for your replies.

Hmm, okay some new info on the matter:

I tried changing the position from F:\Recorded TV\ (a portable HDD connected via USB)) to D:\Recorded TV\ (a regular SATA HDD).
IT WORKS.

But: I have never had this problem before using the exact same position :-/. I wonder if it is some power-saving function that puts the portable HDD to sleep and messes with something?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Does restarting MC (include Media Server) make any difference?

There's a drive analyzer that tries to figure out what drives are valid.  If a drive comes and goes, we might not recheck for availability for a few minutes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up