INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I edit playlists from an android based client?  (Read 1485 times)

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Can I edit playlists from an android based client?
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:14:55 am »

I've been playing around with gizmo on my recently purchased Asus tablet over the weekend, this works great as I no longer have to go back and forth between the pc and the stereo system in the lounge when I'm making my selections. For my needs gizmo seems to do everything but playlist management and I can't seem to find a DLNA app in the google store that does this either.

So my question is: Is there a way for an android controller to edit or create playlists on a JRiver media server? I'm not after anything fancy, just a way to browse, listen and add or even mark files for processing later. The alternative is my being stuck in front of the pc sifting through files for hours at a time, (I have a fairly extensive library as do many on this forum) surely there is a way around this!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I edit playlists from an android based client?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:55:28 am »

This won't solve that problem, but have you tried setting up Car Radio playlists on the server?  You can find out more by looking in the New Features thread on the MC18 board.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Re: Can I edit playlists from an android based client?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:03 am »

Hi Jim, car radio does help when I load a bunch of artists into a playlist and edit them via the pc later. As a possible work around I'm sure I can find a way to trigger media center commands remotely from my tablet.

Is it possible to use "mc18.exe /mcc" core commands to save/edit playlists or remove items from playing now? I couldn't find a clear enough guide on this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up