INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art location wrong  (Read 1321 times)

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
Cover art location wrong
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:47:45 am »

I'm running rel 158.

I have recently moved my cover art images to a cloud folder and this resulted in a few changes (as a result of mind changes) of folder in MC18. That has settled down now.

I am left with a strange situation in MC.  The file location for cover art is clearly shown as Cloud\cover art\  however when I change an image MC drops it into another folder Cloud\cover art\albums\. (This was where images were stored until today). I have deleted the folder several times but it keeps returning.

So the file location shows as Cloud\cover art
but it is using                     Cloud\cover art\albums
this applies when I add a new image and when, I assume, background processing finds an item without a cover art link. I hope that's clear.

Is there some way to reset the location option, or should I perhaps reinstall, or any other suggestions please as I am thoroughly mystified.

Many thanks
John

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
Re: Cover art location wrong
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:49:43 pm »

Thanks for your response Mr C.

I do understand the principles quite well as they are set out in that paper and like lots of people here I am very protective of my images. Nothing else should be able to access my images folder.

What is happening repeatably is that MC is accessing a different folder from that specified in options/location. It says one thing and does another. MC even creates the erroneous folder if it's not there. It's as if the last change of location hasn't taken place except at options/location

John

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »

What you've described in your first post is what is described on the wiki (sub-folders under a Cover Art folder named, Albums, Series, Seasons, etc.).

I think the general response from JRiver is that this isn't planned for change, but I certainly don't speak for them, nor know their plans.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 02:10:14 am »

Thanks MrC

Mea culpa, mea culpa: my only excuse is old age coupled with an excessively tidy mind.  :-[

John

Pages: [1]   Go Up