INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotify through loopback  (Read 5971 times)

stevie1

• Recent member
Spotify through loopback
« on: January 26, 2013, 03:01:46 am »

I 'be heard that this is possible but I've no idea where to start or how to implement this.Is there a dummies guide available please?

Steve

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Spotify through loopback
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11:18 am »

You need two sounddevices to get loopback working. The spotify app will playback with the default sounddevice so you have to point jriver under options > audio > audio output to a different playback device. When you have done that just go to file > open live.

I actually use the fantastic spotify ipad app with airplay to the shairportw windows app, which emulates an airplay player in windows, and from there with loopback to jriver to take advantage of its dsp.

stevie1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:21:26 am »

Thank you for this. I will give it a go.
Steve

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:04:18 pm »

You need two sounddevices to get loopback working. The spotify app will playback with the default sounddevice so you have to point jriver under options > audio > audio output to a different playback device. When you have done that just go to file > open live.

I actually use the fantastic spotify ipad app with airplay to the shairportw windows app, which emulates an airplay player in windows, and from there with loopback to jriver to take advantage of its dsp.

Hi, how do I loopback Shairport4w to jriver?

When I play sound on the Spotify app via the Ipad, the sound plays via Shairport4w, and comes out the wave output, I can see JRiver is picking up the sound, but isn't outputting any sound, shairport4w is.

Do I still need two soundcards in the pc?

Thanks for taking your time to reply,

Thanks for your help.

)p(

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:06:28 am »

Yes you need two sounddevices. I use the pc's internal soundevice to playback through shairport4w. Mc captures this with Loopback and sends its to a musical fidelity vlink.

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 03:31:08 am »

Yes you need two sounddevices. I use the pc's internal soundevice to playback through shairport4w. Mc captures this with Loopback and sends its to a musical fidelity vlink.

Thanks )P( for your help,

Would using the loop back be more or equal in quality to using Fidelify?
I prefer Spotifys interface to Fidelify, but looking for the best sound output.

Problem I have with Fidelify is it has no volume control, and distorts when using Asio and the default volume setting (75% asio slider, 100% system volume).

Hopefully this works.

)p(

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:43:46 am »

Problem I have with Fidelify is it has no volume control, and distorts when using Asio and the default volume setting (75% asio slider, 100% system volume).

Hopefully this works.

I am not the person to ask about that. I think if the loopback is bitperfect without the dsp in the chain it should sound the same. To me every bitperfect player sounds the same through a digital out into my dac. But I dont know how the loopback is implemented.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 06:15:07 am »

Hopefully this works.

I have used Fidelify - for 5 minutes. It is not stable, and agree with you that Spotify UI is preferred (Still kudos to the Fidelify developer, he does this work for himself and makes it available to us for free!). Fidelify uses ConvolverVST, which I find far less user friendly and less stable than JRiver Convolution. The stability of the JRiver 64bit audio renderer is unique and excellent and I simply trust it.

When it comes to quality of sound - my ears tell me no difference. Except that I never got Fidelify to work without hickups and thus the experienced quality was not good. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up