INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to tag DynamikRange values from VorbisBlock?  (Read 913 times)

CTOofHell

How to tag DynamikRange values from VorbisBlock?
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:24:48 am »

Hi All,

I'm working with FLAC files and in the Vorbis comment block are several interesting entries which I want to see in library's tag list.

The situation:
There is a library tag called FORMAT, which seems not to be one of the standard ones. Right hand there will be displayed a hyperlink with following name (only an example contetn varies):
661kbps_unknown compression_90bpm_ 1 intensity_-2dB_-49%

When I'm clicking on this hyperlink the whole Vorbic Text Block appears with "FLAC" headline. The whole text block seems to be o.k. and shows a lot of details which I want to use for tagging purposes, (like DYNAMIC RANGE).

However, It would be great if someone could give me a helping hand on how I can get the infos extracted from the vorbis block and copied into single (perhaps also customized) library tags?

I've searched this formum but didn't find anything helpful...

Regards

George

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to tag DynamikRange values from VorbisBlock?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 11:31:03 am »

To have MC import tags into its database for fields that don't exist, first define the tag (Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields) with the exact same name as the existing physical tag in the file, and then for files already imported, right-click the file(s) and use Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) to cause the import.  New imports won't require the Update Library (from tags) action.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

CTOofHell

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:49:03 pm »

Many thanks, I've just give it a trial and it works great  :D

Regards,
George

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

Great.  Also note that MC's Analyze function will generate properties such as Intensity, Replay Gain and peak values.  Others are determined automatically.

If you need help splitting apart portions of your values, just ask.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up