INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC hangs [forever? :-)] during channel-switch (log provided)  (Read 1143 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
MC hangs [forever? :-)] during channel-switch (log provided)
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:24 am »

Hello Yaobing,

Sorry to bring up another problem. It is one that has always bothered me but I never had time to look at.

Problem: When opening a TV channel in the TV Guide [theatre view] and want to watch another TV channel JRiver crashes (mostly). It is my impression it mainly happens when the two channels are broadcasted in different resolutions, e.g. 720p and 576p.

Steps:
1. Open Theatre View
2. Enter TV Guide
3. Watch channel
4. Go back to TV Guide
5. Watch new channel

Result:
Audio for channel no 2 is played but the video from channel no 1 freezes. When pressing stop JRiver hangs.

A log is attached. I'm unsure if you find the problem in "previous log" since JRiver for some reason crashed when I tried reopening it.

Best regards,
Mikkel

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC hangs [forever? :-)] during channel-switch (log provided)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:10:48 pm »

In my test I have seen some of what you describe, i.e. the video of the first channel stayed on screen while the audio of the second channel played on.  However, there has not been any hanging.  The video of the second channel eventually, after a few seconds, comes on and all is well.  Did you try waiting a few seconds longer?

EDIT: I do see from your log that you did wait long enough.  Some how the graph was not able to restart after being paused.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC hangs [forever? :-)] during channel-switch (log provided)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:45:12 pm »

Indeed, it was also my impression that the graph wasn't being build.
I used to have a discrete GPU (ATI 6450) but is now using the integrated grpahics card on the motherboard (ATI 4200). I experienced the same problem then.

No DSP is going on that may interfere and I'm using the default graphics settings.

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up