INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library and Playlist in same view  (Read 1128 times)

CliffPenn

Library and Playlist in same view
« on: May 06, 2013, 05:03:01 pm »

Perhaps I missed it but I don't seem to be able to find a way to view my library and playlist on the screen at the same time. I assume it's probably a custom view pane but I'm not certain on how to accomplish this. I want to be able view my library in the left pane and my playlist I create in the right pane. Currently I have my view set to 'Panes' with my library at the bottom and what I assume is the default view with Genre, Artist and Album above that. I don't need those 3 panes and would like to have a 'Playlist' pane to the right of the 'Library' pane similar to other music programs. How do I accomplish this???

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library and Playlist in same view
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:32 pm »

View > Split View
Is this set to 'show 2 views'?
If so, then you click in the left pane and then select anything you want from the tree on the left.
Click on the right pane and do the same.
Voila, 2 different things visible at once.

CliffPenn

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »

Thank you very much for the quick reply. That was easy. I didn't even see the selection for 'Split View' since I expected to see something similar to the 5 view modes at the top of the menu. Now that's done how do I remove all the 'tabs' above the library. I've been able remove all but the last one which is 'Location'. I can perhaps understand why it can't be removed but can it be "hidden" or just not displayed so all that's left is just a bare view of the library on the left and my playlist on the right.

And if you don't mind just one more question, can MediaCenter store artist images in addition to cover art? And does it have an area for notes on an artist???

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Re: Library and Playlist in same view
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:21:58 pm »

Same place.
View > Split View > Show Tabs
Uncheck it.

CliffPenn

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »

Nope, that doesn't do it. The "Location" window is still there showing "All Locations" and the respective folders below that. Also, any ideas on the artist question. I'm still searching for the answer.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up