INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renderer for Zone 2 that will allow Volume control from JRiver & JRemote  (Read 1313 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen

I've been trying to figure this out for my 2nd zone. For my main zone I use my 2 channel preamp/dac with  ASIO. But for the other zone I need to use my surround processor to distribute audio. Since these zones will be away from the components I want to be able to adjust volume using JRemote. I can use my Oppo 105 to render the files sending to the surround processor for distribution but volume adjustment with jriver/remote isn't possible. So, I thought if I added relatively inexpensive rendered I could control the volume. I just don't know what type would allow for volume adjustment via JR. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen

There has to be a solution for this.....would anyone offer suggestions as to what they're doing?!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

WDTV Live will output surround via optical and its volume can be controlled from MC/JRemote.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Did you set the 2nd zone to use internal volume? If so, then the volume control in JRemote should control the volume.

I don't understand why the Oppo 105 is necessary. Is it using DLNA to play off of your computer?

csimon

There have been a couple of threads on this recently - it's looking highly likely that Oppos don't respond to DLNA volume commands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up