INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Gapless Play  (Read 1421 times)

Bob H

• Recent member
Need help with Gapless Play
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:29:16 am »

Could someone help me with the proper settings to have gapless play?  I am steaming from a MacBook Pro (10.8.3) via ethernet cable to a PS Audio PW MKII DAC.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Re: Need help with Gapless Play
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

I can't remember where I read more about this function, but it doesn't work, yet.

The Media Network, while getting more stable and becoming more functional, will take a while to reach parity with the features and functionality of the non Media Network mode of operation.

I'm just glad it works as well as it does for now.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 06:38:15 pm »

It's probably not a limitation of MC.  It's a limitation of DLNA as it's implemented on the renderer.

You could read more by searching here.  Try DLNA and doulos.

Edit:  Start here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79069.msg536909#msg536909

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:56:22 pm »

Excellent!

Thanks for that. 
It is very similar to what I read elsewhere.  But I don't remember the specifics of what was presented in the other info I ran across.

And what I have noticed overall, with the ongoing refinement to MC, is less time between tracks which in effect is closing the gap, so to speak… ;)

JJ

Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's
Pages: [1]   Go Up