INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Listed Multiple Time  (Read 1632 times)

p23741

Album Listed Multiple Time
« on: May 04, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »

When I rip a cd that has various artist when I select "album" and scroll through albums I will get the same CD listed several time. It's one album. How do I clean this up? Thanks for the help!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Listed Multiple Time
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »

This sounds like they are being grouped by [Artist] and not [Album Artist (auto)]
Using [Album Artist (auto)] should put those albums under (Multiple Artists) rather than every artist listed on them.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Using_Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 04:02:32 am »

when I select "album" and scroll through albums I will get the same CD listed several time.

Forgive me if Im confusing things further but you must not be selecting the "albums" view but rather one of the artist or artist/album views.

The Tags for file properties fields you see in the Action window include [album], [artist], [album artist] [album artist auto] [genre] etc etc. If you dont see tags you desire then right click in the AW > Also show (more tags).

When you rip a cd you check what tags have been applied and change them as desired. The [Album] tag should be the name of the album, thus when you go into the "albums view" you see all your albums listed by name (not multiple times as you might in one of the artists views as more than one artist may be on the one album... depending how you have tagged them).

Right click over any of the views and choose "customize view" to see how it all comes together to see how you can reorganise the way your media displays.

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 04:23:42 am »

JRiver thinks tracks belong to an ALBUM if ALBUM and ALBUMARTIST are the same.
You probably have different artist in the ALBUMARTIST tag.

The trick: copy ALBUMARTIST into ARTIST to preserve the names
Set ALBUMARTIST to Various Artist

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 11:53:58 pm »

JRiver thinks tracks belong to an ALBUM if ALBUM and ALBUMARTIST are the same.

With the greatest respect it seems JRiver thinks tracks belong to an Album if all the tracks are tagged with the same name under the [ALBUM] tag. I have many albums with different [ALBUM] and [ALBUM ARTIST] tags which show up only once in "Albums" view and only once in "Artist/Albums view.

You probably have different artist in the ALBUMARTIST tag.
If [ARTIST] and [ALBUM ARTIST] are different then it will impact only on my Album Artists/Album view not my Artists/Album or Albums views

The trick: copy ALBUMARTIST into ARTIST to preserve the names
Set ALBUMARTIST to Various Artist

Provided the OP realizes that by doing so J river will see this as a new single artist, like "Simon and garfunkel" is for example one [ARTIST]. If you separate the names with a Colon ";" you now get two separately identified artists.... and 2 album representations in any "Artists" view ie one for each artist.

Basically, based on my observations of MC, if you you want one album representation in an "Artists" view, only have one artist in the [ARTIST] tag.

This is just the way I am seeing it so pleaase correct me if I have it wrong  ;D

Vincent Kars

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »

Intriguing

In my case
With all the files in the same folder;  if the ALBUMARTIST are different the album is split
Only if the ALBUMARTIST are identical, the album is displayed as one

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:30:20 pm »

Intriguing

In my case
With all the files in the same folder;  if the ALBUMARTIST are different the album is split

the album art is for Opus 15 and 19 so doesnt match the listed content. Not sure how that is relevant but if willing to pursue this may I ask in each scenario, split vs non split, what have you got in each of the [name] [album] [artist] [album artist] (or [album artist auto]) fields? Secondly what  "view" are you looking at (customize view > show categories in this order, what are the fields listed from top to bottom ?

[edit] so as 6233638 said if you are viewing with the top category as [album artist] (or [album artist auto]) then you wont get split albums for multiple listed artists
Pages: [1]   Go Up