INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get JRiver to recognize external hard drive?  (Read 7834 times)

drgalexo

• Recent member
How to get JRiver to recognize external hard drive?
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:00:20 pm »

I can only get JRiver to play albums that I have downloaded to the program but I don't know how to get the files off my external hard drive.  I can only store a small number of files before I run out of memory and have much more on the external hard drive.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

drgalexo

• Recent member
Re: How to get JRiver to recognize external hard drive?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »

Yes Syndrome, that did help, Thanks.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to get JRiver to recognize external hard drive?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 08:38:04 am »

Some suggestions:

Assign a drive letter to the Ext drive like P,Q or something so it doesnt get changed evry time you plug in a thumb drive or something.

NEVER disconnect it without using the "safe to disconnect". (this is the only time I have lost data from yanking out a usb connection). You may corrupt the MC database.

Move your media to the Ext drive

set up auto import rules to see the media folders on the ext drive.

More advanced stuff

I set up a new library with the MC database and all assoc files residing on the drive where I can easily back it up and not have it mixed in with operating system files

you can even shift your existing library there......The default library is called Main Library.It is loacated at...AppData\Roaming\JRiver\Media Center 18\Library

DLNA Library is also here.

It is not possible (MC18) to Move the main library location. It is not possible to delete the Main library.

Workaround

In Library manager clone the existing library to ext drive location .
Pages: [1]   Go Up