INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAV Filters in builds .0171-0184  (Read 2321 times)

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
LAV Filters in builds .0171-0184
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »

Hi!
My last post was about crashes while starting live TV since version .171. The problem exists in every next build incl. latest .184. I suspected it was caused by update of LAV filters in JRiver. I read at Doom9's LAV forum about issues in LAV 0.56.2 and fixes in new nightly builds, so I downloaded latest nightly build  and unpacked the files to C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\ and it works now. No more crashes!  ;D

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Broken LAV Filters in builds .0171-0184 (fixed!)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

I suspect that your use of "fixed" in the Title might cause the JRiver people to think that your problem was personal and that you fixed it with a change in your system unrelated to any bug in MC18 or code it uses (LAV).

I suggest you change "fixed" to "fixed by new LAV nightly build".

astromo

• MC Beta Team

Hi!
My last post was about crashes while starting live TV since version .171. The problem exists in every next build incl. latest .184. I suspected it was caused by update of LAV filters in JRiver. I read at Doom9's LAV forum about issues in LAV 0.56.2 and fixes in new nightly builds, so I downloaded latest nightly build  and unpacked the files to C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\ and it works now. No more crashes!  ;D

Would this be the link to the source of your excitement?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

The fix dates back to April, so possibly you're thinking of something else?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck

Would this be the link to the source of your excitement?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

The fix dates back to April, so possibly you're thinking of something else?

No, I copied files from nightly build lavf-my130513-9a4254e.7z from 13 May 2013.
I don't know why link to nightlies in my previous post has been removed.
LAVFilters-0.56.2 has bug that causes crash at Live TV in my setup (AMD E350 APU - Radeon 6310)
when HW acceleration is enabled.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I asked nevcairiel, author of LAV of about this.

He said:
0.56.2 is the latest version, and i haven't heard of any crash reports before.

Red October uses 0.56.2.  If you're not using Red October, please do so (for reasons like this).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck

I asked nevcairiel, author of LAV of about this.

Red October uses 0.56.2.  If you're not using Red October, please do so (for reasons like this).

I always use Red October and as I said before last version of JRiver which didn't crash was 18.0.170. Since 18.0.171 (and LAV 0.56.2) all next builds of JRiver keeps crashing until I have manually updated LAV fillters for latest nightly build. The fact nobody reported that to nevcairiel doesn't mean the bug not existed. Since 0.56.2 they must have changed/fixed something that repair my live tv.
Never mind, I'm just happy that I can use now latest JRiver builds and live TV works ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up