INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver doesn't see Dragonfly as a zone  (Read 2061 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver doesn't see Dragonfly as a zone
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:35:09 pm »

I just received the Audioquest Dragonfly. I have it connected to my Zuma CAPS v3 (which has JRiver installed) then to my lexicon processor. I am anxious to get this set up for use in Zones thruout my home outside of my primary listening room. I want to achieve the best possible playback AND control the volume using JRiver and ultimately JRemote. I've read that this is easily done (obviously by someone with much more computer knowledge than me!) I've re-read advise for JRiver and DragonFly Setup from Chris at Computer Audiophile. I just don't know where I am failing.

I can't get a signal to the processor.

I am certain i have something messed up somewhere in settings but can't figure out what or where.

- I have setup the Dragonfly in caps for exclusive mode.
- I have selected ASIo output
- One potential issue is in Output mode settings, under devise, all that is there to choose from is my outboard Viola Crescendo DAC that i use only for my primary listening room. Dragon fly doesn't appear. Logic tells me this could be the issue but really don't know. In this same area under Volume, I have selected the dragonfly to control volume
- IN DSP Studio, I have Output format checked & Bitdepth selected as souce bitdepth
- I have volume set to "System" as suggested by Chris at CA.....also as he suggested I went to Internal volume and made sure it was set to 100. BUT WHEN I TRIED TO GO TO APPLICATION VOLUME AS SUGGESTED TO BE SURE IT WAS ALSO SET TO 100...THE VOLUME SLIDER DOESN'T RESPOND. iT IS ALMOST AT ZERO.

oNE NOTE, BEFORE i ENGAGED THE oUT fORMAT SEETING TO SOURSE IN dsp, i RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING WARNING;

Notice that says "playback could not be started using the format 44.1kHz 16bit 2 ch. This format would work:  44.1kHz 24bit 2 ch. Would you like DSP Studio output format automatically?"

Once again I am very6 confused and frustrated. But I am hoping to get some guidance from those of you who are far more capable as I have in the past. In many respects it is help I get from this and other forums that allow me to continue to enjoy this hobby. Otherwise, i'd have a bunch of great stuff that didn't do much!

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.

JR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver doesn't see Dragonfly as a zone
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »

In MC's audio settings, did you select the device?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »

In MC's audio settings, did you select the device?

Im sorry...but specifically what Audiomsettings aren you referring to?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 05:11:02 pm »

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Difficult still to know exactly what youre referring to. Do you mean output? If so i did mention in my original post that i selected Asio.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:58 pm »

The Dragonfly doesn't support ASIO.  You want WASAPI - Event Style.

AudioQuest has a nice setup guide on their site.  Jim's link should also help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:51:51 pm »

The Dragonfly doesn't support ASIO.  You want WASAPI - Event Style.

AudioQuest has a nice setup guide on their site.  Jim's link should also help.

Thx, Matt. The WASAPI - Event Style did work. I get audio now. But still puzzling is whether I should use source bitdepth out. When i do I get that error message I mentioned in my first post. About not being able to play 16bit.....should i have it set to 24bit out?

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 09:55:55 pm »

I'm not sure why it won't accept 16-bit (maybe it really doesn't?) but you should always output the maximum bit-depth your device supports anyway - it won't harm audio quality in any way.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:45 pm »

I'm not sure why it won't accept 16-bit (maybe it really doesn't?) but you should always output the maximum bit-depth your device supports anyway - it won't harm audio quality in any way.

Thx 623. That's help full & good to know.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

A lot of good hardware only does 24-bit with their WDM driver.  Some more info here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Bitdepth

I've heard a rumor from a source inside JRiver that this bitdepth configuration thing will be handled elegantly in a future build of MC18.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 06:55:03 am »

A lot of good hardware only does 24-bit with their WDM driver.  Some more info here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Bitdepth

I've heard a rumor from a source inside JRiver that this bitdepth configuration thing will be handled elegantly in a future build of MC18.

Thx for the info, Matt. Does JRiver execute anything other than elegantly?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up