INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRMC18 Licence Restores  (Read 1083 times)

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
JRMC18 Licence Restores
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:11:50 pm »

Hi there. I have recently had all sorts of grief with the two laptops that I use with my audio system, on which I have my licensed copy of JRMC18 installed. I have had to do a high number of 'wipe and reinstall everything' processes.

I am now down to my last 4 reinstalls and I am about to use up another one. Is there a way that I can import my existing licence without using up another of my remaining restores?

What would happen if my restores got to 0. Do I have to purchase the software again, which seems a bit steep, or is there an arrangement for your customers in this predicament?

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRMC18 Licence Restores
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:45:37 pm »

They do auto-reset on a rolling year basis.  But, if you run out, just post here with a brief explanation and one of the JRiver folks will reset it.

That's to keep honest people honest.  Not a "hard limit".
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:01:25 pm »

Thanks glynor. I have been messing around with changing Windows 7 to Windows 8. I didn't see that the emailed install key could be used on multiple computers for 14 days without using the permitted restores.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:49 pm »

Yes, that certainly helps limit using them up.

But really don't worry about it too much.  When you use the penultimate one, just post and say "I only have one left because X" and Jim or Matt (or some other JRiver minion) will reset it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up