INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Field tags not showing up [EDIT, with "asterisk" - possible BUG ?]  (Read 1432 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

Hi All
MC18.0.178
A little problem with newly created custom field tags not showing up for selection under Customize View > Set Rules. They DO show up for selection under "Add" (show categories in this order). Strangely previously created field tags show up under set rules. Anyone else experiencing this or just me?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom Field tags not showing up
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:05:06 am »

Anything special about the fields you created?

I just added two fields, one standard, using all the defaults, and one calculated, then went directly to 'set rules', and they were both there for selection...

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:10:51 am »

Hi Marko, thanks for help.
I am new at creating custom fields so kept it pretty simple ( as with a couple of previous succesful attempts),

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 02:04:44 am »

Yup, you're doing fine.

It doesn't like the asterisk at the end. My test field [SAMSON (With Asterisk)*] is not available to me. I tried creating the field without the asterisk, but asking MC to display it with one, and it still wouldn't show up.

I would say it's a bug. J River will fix it, just not sure how quickly. Can you get by without the trailing asterisk for the time being?

-marko

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:38:21 am »

ahh good detective work ! I didnt think to check that as a previously created field was okay with the asterisk. I use it to note my custom fields but no big deal.
Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up