INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album artist on top is different then in tag  (Read 1172 times)

Kibosh

• Recent member
Album artist on top is different then in tag
« on: May 10, 2013, 05:04:43 am »

Hey all,

Just purchased JRiver and already noticed something. If you look at the attached picture you'll see that JRiver shows the title "I Love Techno 2006 by Various Artists" which is in a way correct being it a mixed album. But because I have many of these kind of albums, I always took the DJ his name as "Album Artist". So the title should say "I Love Techno 2006 by Ortin Cam".

If you look at the left panel, you'll see that JRiver sorts them there correctly, why not at the top? Is there a setting for this?

I always make sure my tags are setup correctly like I want them. I don't want JRiver to look them up itself. I'm kind off freaky about this.

Thx in advance...

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album artist on top is different then in tag
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 07:25:46 am »

You are probably using "Group By > Album"
Group by Album is "special" because it actually groups/sorts by a number of different things, rather than just Album.

So it's displaying the [Artist] tag at the top, not the [Album Artist] tag.

My issue with this is not that it displays information this way (though I would prefer to be able to create these special groups myself) but the lack of consistency.
Throughout Media Center, having several artists grouped together is often listed as "(Multiple Artists)" rather than "Various Artists". They should lose the parenthesis and display it as "I Love Techno 2006 by Multiple Artists"

Kibosh

• Recent member
Re: Album artist on top is different then in tag
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:39:27 am »

I was indeed using "Group By > Album".

I think I see the problem now. Thanks.

Maybe something for further development. That JRiver actually reads out the album artist after grouping them together. Is there a place you can ask for this?

At least it doesn't screw up the many mixed albums I have like other software I tried. I guess it will take some time getting used to after using another program for a couple of years...
Pages: [1]   Go Up