INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinematographer  (Read 984 times)

duskdrums

• Recent member
Cinematographer
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:40 pm »

Quick (i think!) request:

JRiver's Get Movie & Tv Info will pull lots of info from TMDb. One thing it does not pull, however is the cinematographer/director of photography. This is despite the fact that there is a cinematographer default library field, the field is populated when getting wikipedia data, and that the field is available with the same TMdb API call as for director and producer, which JRiver already does get. The field name that the TMDb API uses is "Director of Photography" in the "Camera" department.

It would also be great to pull writers, which are also API options and a default library field. There is a "writing" department which includes "Author" (screenwriter) and "Novel" (adapted work writer). The former would presumably be easiest since jriver already has a screenwriter library field. I'm not sure where the "novel" would go.

Thanks for the consideration! Additional crew fields would be great but I feel like DP and writer are the two most obvious ones that are missing.

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
Re: Cinematographer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:28:23 pm »

Quick (i think!) request:

JRiver's Get Movie & Tv Info will pull lots of info from TMDb. One thing it does not pull, however is the cinematographer/director of photography. This is despite the fact that there is a cinematographer default library field, the field is populated when getting wikipedia data, and that the field is available with the same TMdb API call as for director and producer, which JRiver already does get. The field name that the TMDb API uses is "Director of Photography" in the "Camera" department.

It would also be great to pull writers, which are also API options and a default library field. There is a "writing" department which includes "Author" (screenwriter) and "Novel" (adapted work writer). The former would presumably be easiest since jriver already has a screenwriter library field. I'm not sure where the "novel" would go.

Thanks for the consideration! Additional crew fields would be great but I feel like DP and writer are the two most obvious ones that are missing.

+ 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up