INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME Update  (Read 1787 times)

LeoH

• World Citizen
RME Update
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:33:13 pm »

Testing 18.0.178 on both Mac Mini and MacBook Pro with 10.8.3 OS. Each machine has 16 GB RAM. Identical results on both computers: Media Center works well with all tested DAC's: Wadia model 121 DAC, Ayre QB-9, Cambridge Audio DacMagic and many others.  System plays .m4a and FLAC from 44k up to 192k with no problems on all DACs.  However, using RME Babyface which has both ADC & DAC, same problem as earlier, when 'Play' is executed with all variations of sample rate and file format, output audio consists of a burst of white noise for about 1 second then Media Center exits memory. I tried all three choices of 'Buffer size' and tried various 'Channel offset' values to no avail. If there is any other configuration that I may test, I will be happy to help. I have access to a wide variety of DAC's and a broad range of content. Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: RME Update
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

Thanks for the offer to help.

Would you be willing to get a crash log with Help > Logging and mail it to logs (at) jriver (dot) com?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »

using RME Babyface which has both ADC & DAC, same problem as earlier, when 'Play' is executed with all variations of sample rate and file format, output audio consists of a burst of white noise for about 1 second then Media Center exits memory.

Hi, great DAC by the way,would be interested how you find it to your other dacs....but that is off topic :-[

have you got the latest native RME ASIO driver ?

I heard that from OS 10.7 incorporates a USB driver that only supports PCM but as you say you have tried all file formats/sample rates.

arrowc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:53:27 pm »

I have the RME Fireface 400. I get a short blast of white noise every ounce in a while, when changing from one song to another(not manually). MC does not crash it continues to play. Just startles me. not consistent and not often.

LeoH

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:12:16 am »

I will be happy to help.  I will send  a log tomorrow.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »

Leo sent some logs, and I think this should be fixed in today's build.

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LeoH

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:06:40 am »

Happy to report all is well as of build 18.0.181, RME Babyface works fine and, for the record, using Channel offset '0'. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up