INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my smart MC  (Read 1229 times)

mcj008

• Recent member
my smart MC
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:52:17 am »

Im about to have a new way of organizing my stuff just for the fun of it and keep it all nice, so maybe then it will speed up the program search and import, because it is taking longer and longer when i auto import tracks...could be a limit of my NAS setup tough i don't know...

As I'm still doing things semi-automatic, like when removing () and replace with [] I use "find and replace" but how to do this with "move, copy files" I need the expression for this...

And how can i make the program smarter so that it scans for the "series tag" and if it finds a name in the tag then it makes the folder, when it doesn't find a "series tag name" it doesn't make a folder "unknown series"

just an example (not really how my folders are):

album artist= janneke & mieke
grouping= DJ Mix
series= more please
album=first time

with move, copy files it will make the folder

c:\music\janneke & mieke\DJ Mix\more please\first time

BUT it will make this folder when it doesn't find a series tag name

c:\music\janneke & mieke\DJ Mix\unknown series\first time

this also happens with CAT nrs.
so some compilations,albums,EP's or DJ Mixes i have are not really series and then i have these unwanted folders, yes I can use seperate presets for everything i do but I would like the expression to do it all in one go...so the program knows what to do when i select files ...anyone?

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: my smart MC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:21:24 am »

If you use Delimit() around a tag, it will not be used if there is no value.

So you might want to use Delimit([Series,0],/\,/\)
If there's no series, it will be ignored, and if there is, it will output \Series\
If you are using special characters in your expressions, you need to escape them with a / which is why we have /\ in the head & tail string sections of Delimit - they will only actually use \

If you want to remove certain characters from the filename, you can use RemoveCharacters()

So if you want to remove ()[] from the Name field, you would use: RemoveCharacters([Name],/(/)/[/],0)
EDIT: Sorry, I misread what you had written, and see that you want to replace () with []
You should be able to use the "Find & Replace" section of the Move, Copy, and Rename tool to do that.

mcj008

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

all help is welcome that way I  LEARN thanks!

mcj008

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »

yes i use find and replace, but like i said i would like the whole script I use now + that peace of code in it...thanks!

mcj008

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 12:31:18 pm »

yep Delimit works, NICE  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up