INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pork Chop Indeterminacy  (Read 1453 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
The Pork Chop Indeterminacy
« on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:46 pm »

How do I get my recorded TV programs automatically fill in the Season and Episode number? MC is auto-filling the "Episode Title" and "Series Name" from the recording.

For example, after MC records (OTA) a TV episode (The Big Bang Theory in this example), I see all the show details as shown in the screen shot, and the episode title  fills in properly but the episode number and season number remain blank. The data is (EDIT: Not) in the Tag - there is no data for the "Season" and "Episode".

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: The Pork Chop Indeterminacy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:47:41 pm »

This doesn't make any sense.

Tags are the same thing as fields.  So, your post says it is filling the Fields, but the Fields are staying blank.

Also, the pop-over in the screenshot shows a filled [Description], [Directors], and [Actors] fields... This means the TVDB lookup succeeded, and the TVDB lookup can't succeed if the [Series], [Season], and [Episode] tags aren't filled.

Take a better screenshot showing where the things that are blank are actually blank.
You can take a screenshot by pressing the Print Screen key, and then in MC go to the Action Window > Camera and choose Copy from Clipboard to grab the screenshot from the Clipboard.  You don't need to take a photo.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:26 pm »

I was wrong. The data is not in the Tag (I clicked on an episode where I manually entered the Season and Episode numbers).

But if MC can figure out the episode name from the OTA recording - surely it must know the Season and Episode too.

Thanks for the tip on getting a screen shot. I was trying to capture the "hover over box" that shows the episode title and storyline.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »

I was wrong. The data is not in the Tag (I clicked on an episode where I manually entered the Season and Episode numbers).

But if MC can figure out the episode name from the OTA recording - surely it must know the Season and Episode too.

Not necessarily.

Episode titles can be contained in the program guide data, without including [Episode] and [Season] numbers.  This is one of the big benefits to TitanTV guides, as they almost always include that information (and is part of why I still use SageTV to do my recording, because the guide data is nice).  For eons, this was the same situation that I had with SageTV before they got access to this info for my area.

I don't know the state of MC's guide data, and it might vary by locality.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:01:29 pm »

Thanks for the tip on getting a screen shot. I was trying to capture the "hover over box" that shows the episode title and storyline.

You have to capture the entire desktop (which is what Print Screen does if you don't hold down ALT), to get tooltips and the mouse pointer.  They run in a separate "layer" in the UI, and aren't captured in application-specific modes.

I use a program called LightScreen to do my screenshots and it is great.  It lets you draw a rectangle on the screen and capture just that directly to PNG or JPG or whatever, like a Mac.  Love it.

I set it to use the same keyboard shortcut my Macs use (Control+Alt+3 to capture the whole screen, and Control+Alt+4 to show the crosshairs).  Set it to save the pictures to your Desktop and it is simple to use.  Tiny, free, and "Just Works".

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:12:41 pm »

Thanks for your response - on both subjects.

It would be nice if there was a way to get the "Season and Episode Numbers" by knowing the "Series and Episode Names". This is a unique relationship.
I think, if you know the Series name and Episode name there is only one possible Season number and episode number. So it should be possible to find the info in a (TV) database lookup. I will explore this some more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up