INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge digital CableCARD tuners  (Read 4790 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Hauppauge digital CableCARD tuners
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:49:26 am »

Has anyone tried Media Center 18 with Hauppauge CableCARD devices?

We have added support for CableCARD devices (for contents that do not have copy-protection) in recent releases.  Ceton InfiniTV tuners work well in MC now.  As all CableCARD devices should work similarly, I enabled two other such devices as well (SiliconDust HDHR Prime, and Hauppauge WinTV DCR).  

User have reported that the HDHR Prime does not yet work in MC HDHR Prime now also works with MC in the latest builds, but I have not heard any one mentioning the Hauppauge devices.  If you have such devices (WinTV DCR 3250 triple tuner or WinTV DCR 2650 dual tuner), please let me know if it works.

You need to do the following:

1. Tools > Options... > Media Network, check "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" checkbox.
2. Wait a couple of minutes for MC to discover the device.
3. Go to Television options and check under "Devices" to see if the Hauppauge tuners are listed there.  If not, check back again later.  If you do not see the tuners there after a few minutes, MC has not discovered them correctly.
4. If you see the tuners, run "Scan for channels...".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Hauppauge digital CableCARD tuners
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:46:06 pm »

I use silicon dust but jriver doesn't recognize it.  I used to have a ceton.  Ceton is pretty unreliable IME.  Is there any way jriver could work with silicondust?   I love jriver but only use it for music and use windows media center to watch cable TV.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:57:33 pm »

Yes, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime works now.  Please use the latest version of MC.

Aquitaine

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 06:18:04 pm »

I have a Hauppauge DCR-2650 Cablecard tuner and am trying to get it to work with MC 19. I am also just learning MC. I have the tuner appearing on my DLNA devices but when I try to open a channel it just hangs. It goes to the full screen display and says 'opening TV' and I can change the channel but when I try to X out of it, the application won't quit and I have to kill the task.

This is under Win8 with the latest MC release. I have tested everything under Windows MC and it works there.

pilotone

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 01:32:29 pm »

I have a Hauppauge DCR-2650 which just hangs when trying to connect to a channel.  I could never get it to work so I gave up.  I would really, really like to get rid of Media Center in favor of JRiver.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 01:47:06 pm »

I have a Hauppauge DCR-2650 which just hangs when trying to connect to a channel.  I could never get it to work so I gave up.  I would really, really like to get rid of Media Center in favor of JRiver.

What is the version of your MC?

Are you seeing the device under TV Options > General > Manage Devices?  Does the device name contain "Hauppauge OpenCable Receiver"?  And have you created a channel (or a set of channels) of type OpenCable, and tried to play these channels? 

Pages: [1]   Go Up