INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon.com Incompatibility?  (Read 1279 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Amazon.com Incompatibility?
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:51:01 pm »

So I have MC17 installed (fully registered), and I'm trying out MC18 since the FAQs stated they can be installed side-by-side.  (I'll officially upgrade before the trial runs out--just haven't gotten around to it yet).

So I was browsing Amazon.com via MC18, and and can't preview any tracks.  I get the following:

And clicking "open" launches Windows' Media Player.  :-\  I checked the file associations, and MC18 is set to handle .m3u files.  I closed MC18, and then I opened MC17.  It's set NOT to handle .m3u files (presumably the MC18 install reset it to that), but surprise, surprise, it plays the preview tracks just fine.

Now I am a little hesitant to upgrade to MC18 and uninstall MC17.  I don't really have the time bandwidth to experiment with multiple install/uninstall sessions, so can anyone assure me that this will sort itself out if I fully uninstall MC17 and upgrade to MC18?

Edit #1:  To be more clear, I guess I am looking for one of those oh-so-annoying "WORK FOR ME!!!" replies.  ;D

Edit #2:

Okay, this seems to be an amazon.com webpage compatibility issue.  (I changed thread title to suit.)  This is actually a problem in both MC17 and MC18.  If the icon looks like this:

(grayish black with tooltip of "listen")

Preview will play just fine.

If the icon looks like this:

(gray icon with no tooltip)

Preview will generate the above pop-up (open/save/cancel).

To experiment yourself, in the MP3 Music search box, paste "radioactive".  On the results page, those tracks play fine.  Click on the first Album (Night Visions), and those tracks don't play.

Also, unrelated, but bug:  MC can't seem to copy text from a webpage.  (Neither Control-C nor the RMB context menu item actually copy any text.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up