INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with import rules  (Read 1604 times)

tiggerkater

• Recent member
Problem with import rules
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:11:46 am »

Hello everybody,

I am quite new to JRiver, and my learning curve is high. Currently I am having some problems with import rules concerning folders/subfolders.

On my Nas all movies (and tv shows/series) are stored under NAS/movies
For Tv-Shows I created a subfolder NAS/movies/SERIEN with a folder of the name of the TV Show, and one for the Season. The episodes are named with S01E02. (e.g.: NAS/movies/SERIEN/Sopranos/season1/sopranos_s01e02.mkv).

To tag Tv shows properly JRiver needs to know now, that all files in the subfolder /SERIEN/ are TV Shows. Usually I delete seasons after watching, and copy new ones into the same directory. For the first import JRiver was able to get the Tags itself, everything was tagged fine. But after that, it did not work again (copying new series into the subdirectory /movies/SERIEN/. Even when running Auto import manually.)

So perhaps my import rules are wrong. Could anybody help me applying the right rules, please ?

How it should be:
JRiver should tag everything in the /movies/ directory as a Movie except in the subfolder /SERIEN/:
Here the media sub type should be "Tv Show". Iso files are tagged as Video (which works fine!)

Here are my rules for the folder /movies/:

Media Type: If(IsEqual([File Type],iso,8),Video,[Media Type])
Media Type: Video
Media Sub Type: if(isequal([Filename (path)], \SERIEN\, 8),TV Show,[Media Sub Type])

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Horst

PS: I am from Austria, and JRiver language is in German. so perhaps my Media Sub Types are wrong, they should be "Serien", instead of "TV Show"?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem with import rules
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

Would it work to just use two root folders:
NAS\Movies
NAS\Serien

Then in auto-import, add each folder individually and tell MC to tag it with any rules you like.

This removes the need for expressions.  It also makes sense, at least to me, since TV shows really aren't movies.

I might add that 'Serien' isn't a folder name that Carnac understands for auto-tagging.  It does understand folder names like 'TV Shows', 'Television', etc.  Maybe we should add 'Serien' to the list?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tiggerkater

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:16:11 am »

Dear Matt,

thanks for your answer!

Would it work to just use two root folders:
NAS\Movies
NAS\Serien

The problem is, that on the NAS all movies should be in NAS/movies folder all music in NAS/music and all phtotos in NAS/photos in order to make the inbuild upnp server working properly. (Somtimes I need this feature, for example, when watching directly over the TV, not using the HTPC...)

Thats why I have to setup import rules for subfolders. I know, the other way it would be much more easy, but I hope, somebody could check my import rules...

I might add that 'Serien' isn't a folder name that Carnac understands for auto-tagging.  It does understand folder names like 'TV Shows', 'Television', etc.  Maybe we should add 'Serien' to the list?

Thats perhaps a good idea, but meanwhile, I will try to rename the folder SERIEN with TV Shows, and look, what happens.

Do you think, I made a mistake with the rules?

Kind regards,

tiggerkater

tiggerkater

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 03:40:38 pm »

Good evening,

sorry for the long delay, but I needed some time for try and error.

I am sorry to tell, but the Auto-Import rules still donīt work, as I would like them to.

I tried to rename the subfolder of Video to Tv Shows (and of course the path of the import rule), and I changed the language to English, but still no success.

So perhaps, my import rule for tagging the subfolder Video/Tv Shows/.. is wrong.
But allthough all files of the folder "video" should be tagged as Media Type=Video, they are not.

Where is my error?

Thanks in advance

Tiggerkater

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »

If you just want everything to be classified as Video, the ISO rule seems unnecessary.

You should just need:
Media Type: Video
Media Sub Type: =if(isequal([Filename (path)],/\SERIEN\/,8),TV Show,[Media Sub Type])

Make sure "Skip for files that already have a value in this field" is not selected.

tiggerkater

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 05:29:06 am »

thanks for your reply,

and thanks for the rule. just to make shure I donīt make a mistake: is it right, that the rule for the subfolder starts with "=" an equality sign?

thanks in advance

tiggerkater
Pages: [1]   Go Up