INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: web interface for streaming music from personal library?  (Read 1367 times)

hiphutch

web interface for streaming music from personal library?
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »

Sorry, brand new user so a little naive about how this awesome program works.  So far it appears that MC has a killer music cataloging and player app and a great htpc front end.

Does MC have a web interface for streaming media that can be accessed from anywhere?  I really love how plex does it with their myplex system that allows me to access all my music from anywhere.  The problem with plex and other htpc type systems such as xbmc is they focus first and foremost on video and treat audio as an after thought. This makes for a lot of annoyances far as how music is displayed, grouped together, and sorted.  As well as most of their development is geared towards making the movies and tv sections work well.

I would love to have access to something similar to this based off of JRiver as it would make for the best audio experience, being able to easily manage and control all my music and meta if it pulled directly from JRiver MC.  Is there anything like this available from JRiver?

Thank you.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: web interface for streaming music from personal library?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:26 pm »

Yep.

MC includes a robust REST based Web API, which can be used directly (via a web front end called WebGizmo) or via native clients designed to use it (such as Gizmo on Android or JRemote on iOS).  Read about Media Network and WebGizmo.  Here's a good place to start: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WebGizmo
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hiphutch

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:50:47 pm »

Thank you for the reply.  That does look nice.  How does it play the music through the device or web browser?  Does it use flash, html5, js, silverlight, or some other method?

hiphutch

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 12:33:30 am »

I got it to work.  Looks great!  Only problem with it, is you can't browse your collection while playing music.  Doesn't use ajax or frames or anything, so as soon as one leaves the page of the song that is currently playing, the player stops  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up