INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evolution MTV 128 support?  (Read 1445 times)

Albion

• nothing more to say...
Evolution MTV 128 support?
« on: March 05, 2003, 04:27:15 pm »

I have an Evolution MTV 128 mp3 player and I was wondering if there was any support for this handheld in the works.  I am definatly considering purchasing Media Jukebox but this option is one of my deciding factors.

thanks

-al

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Evolution MTV 128 support?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 09:55:21 pm »

From the v8 help file...

"Handheld Device Support
Media Jukebox supports exporting media files into the handheld device of your choice. Currently supported handhelds are Creative Labs' Nomad I/II/IIMG/Jukebox, Diamond Rio PMP 300, 500, 600 & 800, Nike PSA, Pontis' SP503 and SP504, Pine D'Music, Archos 6000, E-blitz Rocket, Dual ET300, eBlitz Shuttle, DNA, Windows CE devices, PJB, and others. It also supports devices with memory readers/writers such as PDA's, I-Jam, HipZip, NexII and more."

Your player may be a clone of one of these (or rebranded)...MC9 supports more & more devices as time passes.

10-27

Albion

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 06:20:05 am »

I know what is supported my question was whether or not it was on the drawing board to be supported.  

As for it being a clone, is there a web site that says what players are clones of what other players or do I just have to trial and error it?

-al

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 07:00:36 am »

I would E-mail the original mfr and ask them if it's a knock-off of one of the devices listed above. Or maybe there's some info at their site. Or hold on tight...someone from JRiver may respond.

10-27

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 07:54:50 am »

Albion,

Does the Evolution show up under "My Computer" as a removable drive letter? If so it is already supported. If not, does it come with its' own software?  If so, is the software based on Rioport?

Steve

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 12:58:25 pm »

Albion,

Does the Evolution show up under "My Computer" as a removable drive letter? If so it is already supported. If not, does it come with its' own software?  If so, is the software based on Rioport?

Steve

I recently aquired this same device and my wife likes to use it during her workouts. I am trying to use it on MC11 but I decided to continue the thread here.

This device does show up on my computer. It properly lists the files that reside on the device. When I attempt to transfer files, I get an error that states an invalid path. The progress shows the file(s) is transferring and at the end of the transfer, I get the error.  No files are actually transferred. I have tried stripping the tag information and using a simple name for the file.

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 06:30:13 pm »

You might want to try MC10 or MC11 beta.

www.jrmediacenter.com

There is a board here on Interact that is devoted to Portable Devices.  Posting there might also help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up