INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ8 - WHEN?  (Read 730 times)

Joe Z.

MJ8 - WHEN?
« on: March 27, 2002, 06:39:53 am »

Are you close to RC yet?  I am eager to upgrade, but don't want to uninstall, reinstall with every frequent beta release.  Are you at the point where "check for upgrade" will update to the latest beta?  If so, I am in.  Also, will my 7.2 license work with MJ8?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:MJ8 - WHEN?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 08:07:33 am »

They're close (as evidenced by Jim's thread asking if we think it's ready - it's not ready yet, but it's close was the consensus) to a public beta - for all intents and purposes, an RC.

I haven't uninstalled and installed a new build for a really long time.

Check for Updates will download the newest build if you already have a version 8 build installed - but probably not with 7.2.

My 7.0 license works in 8, so your 7.2 license should as well.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 08:28:12 am »

Doof is correct.  We're close.  Sometimes that can still mean "a while".
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Joe Z.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 11:36:58 am »

Cool, thanks!  As long as I can just "Update", I have no problem with a few bugs.  Hopefully I can report some and help out.  I just didn't want to have to wipe out the applcation every time a new beta came out and then have to reset all my options and retag the non-tagable stuff like mpegs.

Thanks for the reponse guys, can't wait to get home to play with.

I have a few new CD's I need to rip.  Are there any newer better codecs included?  I use LAME with 7.2.  Any suggestions?

BTW - one of the CD's is the soundtrack from I am Sam.  All Beatles covers, pick it up if you like the faf 4.

deadsilence

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2002, 11:52:44 am »

Lame is still the best mp3 encoder, and mp3 is still the best for compatability. If you're not using any portable mp3 devices or doing any streaming, you might try the new mpc plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up