INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.  (Read 2484 times)

hypertone

There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.
« on: April 05, 2013, 09:31:37 pm »

I am streaming music from MC to an Onkyo TX-8050 acting as a DLNA renderer. I have a media server that holds my music, and MC 18 is installed on it. I use MC my laptop to control everything. I choose the JRiver's DLNA server on my media server from the receiver as an "input". From the laptop, I choose the library on my media server, and choose the TX-8050 as the "Zone" and everything plays beautifully. The problem occurs when I forget to stop playback from the laptop and switch the receiver's input to another source. When I switch back to DLNA for playback, nothing works. I've narrowed this down to a stupid and useless pop up message on the media server that basically says playback failed. Once I RDP in and click OK, everything starts working again. This is a major annoyance, and really the only complaint I have with the software. Is there a way to disable these messages, or prevent them from halting playback until they are acknowledged? The real error is that the pop up is telling me that there is an error, it's completely pointless.

monkbroc

• Recent member
Re: There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »

I second this. I tend to control DLNA playback using Gizmo on my Android phone. Any time there is an error with DLNA playback, the popup you mention shows up on the media server and all playback is stopped until I log in to the media server and click OK.

Please remove the modal popup after a DLNA error so that it doesn't permanently prevent playback for people using MC on a media server.

This issue happens in MC 17 or 18.

Mr. Natural

• Recent member
Re: There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:46:36 am »

Hi,

I experience the same on my Onkyo TX-NR414. And what makes things worse: Once this happens it stalls the entire network connection of the AVR. I have to reset it to get it going again.

I use Gizmo as a workaround for the time being...

Cheers,
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up