INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some questions about JRiver  (Read 2059 times)

JanJankovsky

• Recent member
Some questions about JRiver
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:23:47 am »

First thanks for good soft!
Questions:
1. Why the last played song doesnt start play after automatic application start? And I want that song start play from previews point not from begin (in Foobar it starts play like I want)
2. How to navigate to current playing song in playlist? I have thousands tracks and want to see after scrolling throught this huge list where track playing
3. I want use my HTPC as AV processor to switch external AV sources:
      - for video choose input on external HDMI switcher (any recomendations about what solution on hardware take?)
      - for audio switch betwin differnet sound sources as ext SAT (throught SPDIF)? analog input from old VCR. How to do it using HTPC and JR? I have Lynx AES16e. Should I use second low budget soundcars for diff inputps and route it to Lynx AES out (how)? And can I add to JR custom source as VCR (like we have Movie, TV in Theatre View mode) and automatacly wjen choose VCR select analog input in second soundcard and route it to Lynx aes out?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Some questions about JRiver
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:20:11 am »

You can tell the program to start playing when it starts in Options > Startup.

You can also configure bookmarking on a per-file basis using the 'Use Bookmarking' field.  By default, only audio books start where they were stopped for audio.

You use 'Playing Now' to see the current playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:46:00 am »

3. I want use my HTPC as AV processor to switch external AV sources:
      - for video choose input on external HDMI switcher (any recomendations about what solution on hardware take?)
      - for audio switch betwin differnet sound sources as ext SAT (throught SPDIF)? analog input from old VCR. How to do it using HTPC and JR? I have Lynx AES16e. Should I use second low budget soundcars for diff inputps and route it to Lynx AES out (how)? And can I add to JR custom source as VCR (like we have Movie, TV in Theatre View mode) and automatacly wjen choose VCR select analog input in second soundcard and route it to Lynx aes out?
JRiver has the ability to route external sources using File > Open Live > ASIO Line-in. I don't think too many are using it so you may have to do some experimenting yourself.

Regarding HDMI, you can get an Arvis HDMI-2A that converts 8 channels of HDMI to AES/EBU for input into your AES16e. I believe you will need to use PCM output from your external source for it to work. In other words, it won't decode. It costs $1440 USD shipped. It is currently the only means of getting audio routed through JRiver using HDMI. The video will not be routed. Due to licensing and security, there isn't any way of taking HDMI audio/video into a computer for use with JRiver. If you did want to use the HDMI-2A for multiple sources, you could just put an HDMI switcher in the signal chain before it.

You can use the Tascam US-366 for routing your external SPDIF and analog into the AES16e. I have both the Lynx AES16e and Tascam US-366 and just tested this last week. Actually, all I tested was the mic input to AES output from the Tascam which will be the same as analog input to AES output. The digital should route through properly too. The Tascam is the only device I could find that can convert analog and SPDIF input to AES output and still be reasonably priced. For connection from the Tascam to the Lynx AES16e you need an RCA male to XLR male cable. In the Tascam drivers you set it for AES output instead of SPDIF. The Tascam has both optical and coax digital input so you theoretically could have two digital and one analog source routing through the Tascam.

Once you have your connections all made, you should be able to go to the ASIO Line-in in JRiver to route the incoming signal through JRiver and back out the AES16e. I think you need to use input 9 on the Lynx in order to be able to simultaneously use outputs 1-8 per an e-mail I received from Lynx. I haven't tried it yet.

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:24:58 am »

You use 'Playing Now' to see the current playlist.

I've noticed that JRiver also highlights the  (now-playing) song  in whatever list the song is found...this is great for library surfing....but the highlighed song is difficult pick out of a large list... It would be great if you could add a marker in the scroll bar,in addition to highlighting the song.... :)

packux

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 11:42:37 am »

As I also wrote a week ago, I would also definately love to see some more configuration capabilities for the Asio Line-in in v19 (for example, zone configuration, pre-defining inputs for a device, a visual cue showing which ASIO channels in input provide signal etc.)

JanJankovsky

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »

Matt
1. I allready checked flag (try check/unchek) Options>Startup>StartupAction>Start playing current playlist, but it doesnt work for me (that's why I ask community). I have JR 18.0.194 trial version.
2. How to configure "bookmarking on a per-file basis using the 'Use Bookmarking' field"?

JustinM
Yes I ask too for adding possibility to highlighting the song (in Foobar you can click on bottom line with current track playing now and hilight it)

mojave
Will try use Asion Line-in. May be another way use AcourateConvolver to router audion from second soundcard?

What about have custom link in menu in Theatre View like Audio, Playlist, Video, Gadgets (sorry don't know how to call it) to add my custom device and configuration for choose audio input (for ex. from Asio Line-in) + send command to ext. device (like HDMI swither) through COM port?
Pages: [1]   Go Up