INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to change display association(?)  (Read 1442 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
how to change display association(?)
« on: May 19, 2013, 08:23:07 am »

I have 2 monitors connected to my HTPC, (1) a standard monitor via DVI, and (2) a HDTV via HDMI.  In spite of MC "standard view" being viewed on the standard display, MC "theater view" is currently associated with the standard display, and all MC notifications and error messages are associated with the HDTV.  The 2 switched after I re-installed MC while troubleshooting a problem that ended up being associated with hardware storage. I cannot find display associations in options -- how do I change this?

MC18.0.188
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: how to change display association(?)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:40:16 pm »

Please ... Can someone help me associate theater view with my HD TV (HDMI)?  Can I provide any additional info??

bivan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:08:14 am »

Hello,

First check in Windows how the displays are assigned: right click desktop -> screen resolution -> Identify.
Windows associates display1 with the HDMI device, so your HDTV should be assigned as 1.

Second: In MC go to: Tools -> Options -> Tree & View. Under "Full Screen" select the display that Windows associated with your HDTV (most likely display1)
resolution: desktop settings (make sure you have the native resolution selected in windows for your display) or manually input it in MC.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 04:24:01 am »

I too run dual monitor in this fashion.
If bivan's tips do not work, report back.

shAf

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:10:21 am »

First check in Windows how the displays are assigned: right click desktop -> screen resolution -> Identify.
Windows associates display1 with the HDMI device, so your HDTV should be assigned as 1.

Second: In MC go to: Tools -> Options -> Tree & View. Under "Full Screen" select the display that Windows associated with your HDTV (most likely display1)
resolution: desktop settings (make sure you have the native resolution selected in windows for your display) or manually input it in MC.

Thanks guys ... I'll take a look when I get home and let you know ...

Regarding #1, I don't know how a Windows display definition would have changed after uninstalling and re-installing MC ... but I'll check ...

Regarding #2, ... this is what I'm looking for.  It used to be in previous MC versions that I could right-click the display window and associate it there with 'display#1' or 'display#2'.  It appears JR has changed how & where that association is defined.

It may be a moot point, as my new HTPC has arrived today, but I figured I'd run into the same problem with setting it up.  Stay tuned & thanx again!!  :D

EDIT:  'In MC go to: Tools -> Options -> Tree & View ...' was the preference option I was looking for ... Thanks!!  :o)
Pages: [1]   Go Up