INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please make the search field larger and add history. Pretty pretty please.  (Read 2706 times)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

Well, I think I said it all in the subject line.

Pleeeeze pleeeze  :)

Anyone else that want this too please add a post in this thread with "+1", "me too" or "hell yeah"  ;D ;D ;D

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

+1 definitely - especially the "larger" part (although I realize that there is not unlimited space).

Vocalpoint

+1 definitely - especially the "larger" part (although I realize that there is not unlimited space).

Oh a huge +1 or even a +1000 here.

I have been hoping for this for a long time. With today's wide screen monitors - I do not understand the need to devote the foot or so of space currently given to the the "display" area.

Ideally - I would love to see a "sizer" bar between the "display" and search area that would allow the user to size the two areas in in context of one another.

Surely with the v18 switch away from the Microsoft foundation classes/libraries - dev could now consider implementing a solution to give us more a single inch of non-sizable space to search? I use search a lot and as it is now - it's usable - but barely.

VP

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost

If the layout is kept a bigger search field would bring a smaller playing now display and seekbar. I have MCs display configured to show many infos inside the display, so it sometimes needs all available space. I see that there are some good reasons for a bigger search field, but for me it's big enough, so I'd prefer to leave it as it is.

But:
Ideally - I would love to see a "sizer" bar between the "display" and search area that would allow the user to size the two areas in in context of one another.
This would be a nice and handy addition :)

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck

Adding history to the search would be a Mega +1 for me.

A larger size search box would be a benefit too, especially if it could accommodate a larger font...

Rick

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

Wow, what a rush of requests, a stampede, a tsunami.... or not  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit

Oh I didn't know there was a search field  ;)
It is so small I didn't realise it was there.
It obviously needs to grow/shrink with the size of the text displayed.
Esp when your eyesight is not what it was.
So I agree: Please make the search field larger and add history. Pretty pretty please
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Vocalpoint

Yes - I have never understood the JRiver design angle to this...I mean a 1 inch search box?

It would be almost more beneficial to move the search panel to the bottom or have it "pop up" at the bottom as needed (Ctrl-F) - sort of like how Firefox does it....

But definitely needs more space to type more than one or two words....

VP

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

" It would be almost more beneficial to move the search panel to the bottom or have it "pop up" at the bottom as needed (Ctrl-F) - sort of like how Firefox does it.... "

+1 on both of those ideas !

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

Have this ever happened to you:

You enter a search, for example an artist you want to play. But no results are found because you are in a library view that is only showing a part of your full library. The "click here to search your full library" does not show up since it's... well I don't know why but it happens a lot.

So you click another library view that will enable you searching for the artist.

And now the search box is empty and you need to enter the full artist name again manually  ::) I wish there was a simple history drop down like in web browsers and other programs.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit

Have this ever happened to you:

You enter a search, for example an artist you want to play. But no results are found because you are in a library view that is only showing a part of your full library. The "click here to search your full library" does not show up since it's... well I don't know why but it happens a lot.

So you click another library view that will enable you searching for the artist.

Yes, it happens a lot. Grrhh.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Vincent Kars

Yes - I have never understood the JRiver design angle to this...I mean a 1 inch search box?

It would be almost more beneficial to move the search panel to the bottom or have it "pop up" at the bottom as needed (Ctrl-F) - sort of like how Firefox does it....

But definitely needs more space to type more than one or two words....

VP
Try F3
Needs a bigger box too

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

Try F3
Needs a bigger box too

Wow. That one was a surprise! Pretty good!

It works very differently to the normal search. The normal one in the upper right corner works like a filter. And the F3 as a search. But what does "find all" actually do in the F3 case? Didn't understand that.

Vocalpoint

It works very differently to the normal search. The normal one in the upper right corner works like a filter. And the F3 as a search. But what does "find all" actually do in the F3 case? Didn't understand that.

+1 But it doesn't display results. Rather it's a "step through" kind of thing - oddly - exactly like Firefox :)

Not really of much use without being able to quickly hone in on a result - but might come in handy now and then.

Thanks for the tip!

VP

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck

was just about to complain I couldn't find a artist because the search field was jammed up with every thing but the artist I was looking for....then I saw this post about F3 and whala there was the artist....thnks for the F3 info....

Supersnake

• World Citizen

Feeling nicely warm and fuzzy....think tanks do that I guess.

contium

• World Citizen

Bigger search box please. F3 doesn't really work that well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up