INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.190 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 2475 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is an beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180190.dmg

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.

Strange things are occurring following this update, only one have I experienced before.

Starting program following update I went through the options to check there was nothing to alter, on clicking OK to close the option box the program closed, OK, I have found that I have had to restart following an update on the last several builds to prevent this from happening, I forgot on this occasion.

After a restart I clicked on the 4 arrowhead symbol (right side above scrollbars) to change the view, when I clicked again the program locked up, had to reboot to regain control.

Clicking  the MIN/MAX buttons cause the window to cover the top bar that reads Media Centre 18 and again the system locked up - rebooted again to regain control. I am not a Mac user normally, I am just trailing MC on the one I have so there may be a way of closing a frozen program, but I don't know about it if there is. I have seen a box which say to the effect that MC has prevented the system restart but I override this.

This is the first build since the very early builds that I have experienced any real issues - may just be me.

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.

Further to post above.

Downloaded again and installed, rebooted, opened program.
Clicked on 4 arrowhead symbol to change view, clicked again to change back this returns to Max size window, click the Max button to reduce window size and the top bar reappears.
Click Tools - Options and program is locked-up solid.
Click Apple symbol - Restart and MC closes to show the box saying that MC has prevented the restart.

bryanttrew

• Recent member

My ears tell me that you've made a major improvement to the sound performance with this new build.  I played back the same tracks I was listening to on Sunday, and the improvement in clarity is just incredible.  I'm hearing low level details a lot more.  My girlfriend remarked that the instruments are a lot more distinct from one another, and that now she can hear the singer's breath....  This is the best my system has sounded vs iTunes & Pure Music and Bit Perfect. :o

JohnT

Further to post above.

Downloaded again and installed, rebooted, opened program.
Clicked on 4 arrowhead symbol to change view, clicked again to change back this returns to Max size window, click the Max button to reduce window size and the top bar reappears.
Click Tools - Options and program is locked-up solid.
Click Apple symbol - Restart and MC closes to show the box saying that MC has prevented the restart.

Excellent description of the problem, thanks!  I was able to reproduce it on my system following the same steps.  Now we'll see if we can track down the bug...  these focus issues are tough.

JohnT

My ears tell me that you've made a major improvement to the sound performance with this new build.  I played back the same tracks I was listening to on Sunday, and the improvement in clarity is just incredible.  I'm hearing low level details a lot more.  My girlfriend remarked that the instruments are a lot more distinct from one another, and that now she can hear the singer's breath....  This is the best my system has sounded vs iTunes & Pure Music and Bit Perfect. :o
Glad you're enjoying it!

ting8663

• Recent member

SSDP failure still not fixed in this release.  SSDP will fail after running for a while.

Mac Mini C2D 2Ghz / 4G Ram/ library stored in firewire external HD
Mac OS 10.8.3
Streamer : Naim Unitilite
Controller : Naim n-Stream

bob

• Administrator

SSDP failure still not fixed in this release.  SSDP will fail after running for a while.

Mac Mini C2D 2Ghz / 4G Ram/ library stored in firewire external HD
Mac OS 10.8.3
Streamer : Naim Unitilite
Controller : Naim n-Stream
We are adding more logging to the next build to try to track this down.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus

Ok weird freeze problem.

Launched 190 seemed to come up normally.  switched to panes view and all access to playing or navigating within panes is frozen.

The left hand view will toggle some changes (audio will open and collapse) but all else is frozen.   I try to quit and nothing happens.  Force quitting works but upon restart it immediately crashes.

No joy no matter how I try to start up th app.

I'll send a crash report.
OSX10.6.8  180.0.190
JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's
Pages: [1]   Go Up