INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping compilation CD's  (Read 1148 times)

NCCW

Ripping compilation CD's
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:16:08 am »

Hi,

I'm new to J River 18 and am in the process of ripping my CD collection, can anyone tell me if there's a way to stop the system creating a file for each track when ripping a compilation album and keep them as one album/file?

This is often an isue with clasical albums but equally so with genre collections.

Many thanks!!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Ripping compilation CD's
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:22 am »

If I understand your Q correctly, You probably want to change the "rule" used for ripping to "[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\" in the options - see pic.  This will then place VA CD's in a folder call "(Multiple Artists)\Album Name" instead of breaking them up all over the HDD.
JRiver CEO Elect

NCCW

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 02:28:08 am »

many thanks for getting back to me jmone, much appreciated, unfortunately, that doesn't appear to have solved the problem, just ripped a compilation and ended up with 15 separate files. Not to worry, maybe something i have to live with.. Cheers.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 02:42:36 am »

Sorry the above stops the files being created in 15 different folders (eg one for each artist).  If what you want is ONE big file that contains all the tracks then you want this option:
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up