INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden Windows  (Read 1086 times)

markthedrummer

• Recent member
Hidden Windows
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:39:30 pm »

I'm using the latest OSX build of MC and I'm finding the following problem;

Some windows that you open such as "about MC" open behind the main app window and are not accessible by minimising the app or using desktop control

ATB Mark

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Re: Hidden Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:28:08 pm »

And an adjunct to that.

If a notice or alert window pops up
or
if any other information window has yet to be answered (yes, cancel, select some action etc.)
Then
If MC is sent to the background
you HAVE to click on that notice or alert or info window before the MC main window will respond.
This also includes trying to bring the main window to the foreground, to be able to to get to the notice or alert window. 

IOW you HAVE to clear any and all notice or alert or info windows 1st, before the main window will respond to control inputs (keyboard or mouse).

Not a big deal except when trying to click on a mostly buried main window to bring it to the foreground and it won't respond.  This forces you to 'clear' the area and find the notice or alert window to clear it first so that the main window can be controlled again.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

markthedrummer

• Recent member
Re: Hidden Windows
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:31:28 am »

Hi

What was happening was that the pop up window that was behind the main app window wasn't accessible ie I could F3 desktop arrange and see it but was unable to close it or OK it meaning I had to Force quit the app

However I then realised that I was on the last release of MC but one.

The new release of MC that I've just DL does allow you to interact with the pop up even though sometimes it doesn't want to appear on top of the main app window

Thanks for your help and continued development of MC

ATB Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up