INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G-force and Softskies no longer working since an automatic MC18 update  (Read 1382 times)

docmartin

• Recent member

Hi.Had G-force/ Softskies platinum working for yrs on MC15. Recently upgraded to MC18 - everything worked fine until an automatic update (about 3 back) - now on 18.0.189- since when G-force & Softskies don't seem to be recognised anymore. MC18's in-built visualisations work fine as do my standalone G-force/Softskies. I've uninstalled G-force /Softskies & re-installed a couple of times but to no avail. I'm new to the forum & hope I've put this in the right place. Any help much appreciated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

G-Force and Aeon are still working for me on the current build.  I haven't tried Softskies in an age (and no longer have it installed), but the other two I use daily.

Are you using an old version of the SoundSpectrum plugins?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

docmartin

• Recent member

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, they're not the latest my any means - the G-force is 3.9.3- but both were working fine in MC18 until a recent automatic MC18 update. I don't want to have to buy new licenses!

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Wow.  I'm shocked you still had the old version running that long.  I'm pretty sure the 3.9.x versions stopped working for me with MC17 (or earlier).  I remember at one point my license had lapsed and I had it stop working, anyway.

I'm on 5.0b on the PC I happen to be in front of right now, and it works fine with MC 18.0.190.

Did you try this, just to be sure?

1. MAKE SURE MC IS CLOSED (including the Library Server in the tray, if it is running).
2. Uninstall G-Force and Softskies (both).
3. REBOOT.  DON'T SKIP THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE LAZY.
4. If MC auto-loads when it boots, make sure it is closed again.
5. Install G-Force and/or Softskies.

This might, maybe, if you're lucky, work.

Alternatively, you might be able to get it working via some elbow grease.  If you install an old version of MC (even just in trial mode) and then install G-Force into that copy, you can "hack" it over to the new version by copying over the relevant dll files (and re-creating the proper Registry entries).  There are instructions for really old versions of MC buried somewhere on Interact.  I remember, because I wrote them at a time when a new beta of MC had come out and Andy hadn't updated G-Force to work with it yet.

Even better alternatively, just give Andy the $20.  He deserves it for all of his hard work over the years, and it isn't much money.  Plus, the new on-screen UI is much nicer for G-Force (it has the on-screen style like Whitecap does now).  Also (while you're at it), his new visualizer Aeon is awesome.  Give it a try.

docmartin

• Recent member

Many thanks for the ideas.I'll give them a shot.You're probably right about the $20 too!

marko

• MC Beta Team

G-Force v5.0 is out of beta now too :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team

G-Force v5.0 is out of beta now too :)

I've been too lazy to update my downstairs box.  The copy I have works fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up