INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAV filters/MadVR in JRiver  (Read 13898 times)

raul

• Recent member
LAV filters/MadVR in JRiver
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:23:04 pm »

Hi Guys (newbie here),

i've been closely following everybody's threads & i'm constantly learning everyday in the forum when i have time to go through it.

In JRiver, red october HQ gives the option for the use of MadVR. the LAV filters cannot be configured at all as they are preset by JRiver engineers... i understand this. i also use MPC-HC, so i am able to ask the the following questions. [specifically to the JRiver engineers]  :)

what i want to know is, what exact options did JRiver choose within LAV video with regards to the following:
> (hardware acceleration) -> hardware decoder to use: none, nvidia cuvid, intel quicksync, DXVA2 (native), or DXVA2 (copy-back) ? & why
> RGB Output Levels: TV, PC, or UNTOUCHED ? & why
> Dithering Mode: Ordered or Random ? & why
> there are other options as well which i haven't mentioned such as deinterlacing which can be configured within LAV video... what did u guys (JRiver engineers) choose here for the rest of the options?

i also wanted to know:
i have a 2nd gen I7 [2670] processor & 1GB nvidia GT 525m... all within a beautiful dell xps l502x (WISH i went for the model with 2GB GT 540m  :'( )
how am i able to configure JRiver {& MPC-HC} so that ALL the decoding & work that needs to be performed by the LAV filters etc is done completely by the I7 processor {CPU} & not touched at all by the nvidia card?
the ONLY thing that should use the nvidia card is MadVR, but how can i exclusively make sure that the nvidia card isn't spending it's power on other decoding? i ONLY want the nvidia card for MadVR & NOTHING else, but can this setup be done where one can choose what processes what etc.

thanks guys!!!  :D

A life lived in fear is a life half-lived.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: LAV filters/MadVR in JRiver
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »

Hi Guys (newbie here),

i've been closely following everybody's threads & i'm constantly learning everyday in the forum when i have time to go through it.

In JRiver, red october HQ gives the option for the use of MadVR. the LAV filters cannot be configured at all as they are preset by JRiver engineers... i understand this. i also use MPC-HC, so i am able to ask the the following questions. [specifically to the JRiver engineers]  :)

what i want to know is, what exact options did JRiver choose within LAV video with regards to the following:
> (hardware acceleration) -> hardware decoder to use: none, nvidia cuvid, intel quicksync, DXVA2 (native), or DXVA2 (copy-back) ? & why
> RGB Output Levels: TV, PC, or UNTOUCHED ? & why
> Dithering Mode: Ordered or Random ? & why
> there are other options as well which i haven't mentioned such as deinterlacing which can be configured within LAV video... what did u guys (JRiver engineers) choose here for the rest of the options?

i also wanted to know:
i have a 2nd gen I7 [2670] processor & 1GB nvidia GT 525m... all within a beautiful dell xps l502x (WISH i went for the model with 2GB GT 540m  :'( )
how am i able to configure JRiver {& MPC-HC} so that ALL the decoding & work that needs to be performed by the LAV filters etc is done completely by the I7 processor {CPU} & not touched at all by the nvidia card?
the ONLY thing that should use the nvidia card is MadVR, but how can i exclusively make sure that the nvidia card isn't spending it's power on other decoding? i ONLY want the nvidia card for MadVR & NOTHING else, but can this setup be done where one can choose what processes what etc.

thanks guys!!!  :D

1) It used to be CUVID as default. Now it's one of the DXVA2 flavours, I believe.

2) If you turn off video acceleration, that should force the CPU to decode. That will leave your video card for MadVR (I think).
Pages: [1]   Go Up