INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shut off tag confirmation?  (Read 1081 times)

Mike48

• World Citizen
Shut off tag confirmation?
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »

?

I am ripping and tagging a lot of music.  When I change a large number (> 100?) tracks at once, MC puts up a confirmation dialog -- do I want to go ahead?  It will take a lot of time.

On my computer, answering the dialog takes far more time than writing the tag changes.

Can this confirmation be shut off?  I looked and couldn't find a way.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shut off tag confirmation?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:50:23 am »

Sorry, but it's not currently possible to say "never ask me again" to this one.  We try to be extra careful when making sweeping changes. 

However, if enough people agree will will add a "never ask me again" option here.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 10:38:41 am »

This might be useful as a once-per-session option.

It seems very dangerous to leave enabled all the time—I like having to confirm it.

Perhaps it could be configurable in some way too—I wouldn't mind raising the limit to ~20–25 tracks so that I am not prompted when making changes to a new album, but am prompted if I accidentally made changes to multiple albums at once, all tracks from an artist, or my whole library.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 11:56:11 am »

The dialog says it's asking because of the time it will take to make the changes.  But the time with a modern computer is insignificant.

If the real reason is safety, doesn't "undo" take care of that?  Undo has always worked for me when, e.g., MC does an auto-import in the middle of a tag change and messes everything up, or when I mess things up all on my own. So what is the downside of being able to turn this off?

I'd be delighted with: (1) being able to turn it off forever, if undo still functions; or (2) letting the user set a higher limit than current one. The current limit is always invoked when changing, e.g., universal tags in a 10-disc set. (Not so rare in libraries of classical music lovers.)  Being able to turn this off per session would still be an improvement.

Thanks,
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up